PDA

View Full Version : Riding in Minneapolis?

davidlee
09-13-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm out on tour and going to be in Minneapolis, Mn for the weekend.
Looking for fast group rides or anyone wanting to ride on Saturday and Sunday . Wanting to do 100k's or more each day.
My entire tour can be found here www.theshackshakers.com
Anyone,in any of these cities, that wants to ride , drop me a line.
Thanks
David Lee

PBWrench
09-13-2007, 01:02 PM
PM me and I'll see what I can hook you up with. Do you have a bike? How fast do ya wanna ride?

KeithS
09-13-2007, 01:14 PM
You picked a nice time to ride in our fair cities. There are two events on Sunday - my bike club is doing a Century or a half C followed by a BBQ. Our club rides out of Now Bikes and Fitness, that's where I bought my Serotta. They are located in St. Paul on Snelling Avenue. Contact Bob Sumada at 651-644-2354 by email at rgsumada@gmail.com for details. If you want to ride with a couple thousand other riders there is a ride in Minneapolis too. Here is the URL http://www.minneapolisbiketour.com/. That looks fun too, not as far, and probably quite crowded. The St. Paul tour last weekend attracted more than 7,000 riders, and for some reason a lot of them don't understand that ride right thing....

I won't be doing either, I have an 11 year old singing (with her elementary school choir) the national anthem at the Twins game. Not much of a dad if I didn't show up for that. If you are asking for my opinion I would do the bike club ride, prettier ride with some really fun folks.

On Saturday there are rides all over the place. PM me if you need more suggestions.

Keith

Bittersweet
09-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Bringing the Premium in Vitamin Cottage colors?

PeterW
09-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Be careful everybody. Mr. Lee rides fast.

A class act and a class rider in every respect.

Also, check out his band if they come through your town. He gave the link.

davidlee
09-13-2007, 08:07 PM
The Merckx stayed at home. Got a Peg 830 that comes out on the road with me.
Sounds great for the century.
Best
david

dwightskin
09-14-2007, 08:33 AM
This should be a good ride:

15 SAT 8:30 AM A 58 mi. -::VERTICAL VERVE::-. Depart from Penn Cycle in Woodbury, 494 and Lake Dr. A new annual tradition that is sure to attract the climber within you. Held only once a year, this ride takes on the best hill climbs in South Washington County. The ride features more than one vertical mile of ascent in its 58-mile course. All the classic hills are there -- the Coulee, River Road and Afton State Park -- plus several hidden gems you may not have experienced, yet. Verve: adjective, active strength of body or mind. (Bring both) Dave Haerle, dkhaerle-at-msn.com, 651-768-7406.

http://www.pdwebworks.com/tcbc/schedule/index.html