PDA

View Full Version : OT - Everett may walk! Boo-yah!

Kahuna
09-12-2007, 12:47 AM
With so much bad news floating around these days, this one really brings hope and a smile....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/09/11/bills.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

Let's keep our fingers crossed for Kevin!

-K

stevep
09-12-2007, 05:26 AM
nice to see...
i thk the original doc was an arse to come out right away and diagnose that he would never walk again.
talk about speak too soon.
talk about give the family and the team a rotten day or so.

Sandy
09-12-2007, 06:23 AM
THe news is indeed wonderful. My brother-in-law and I have recently been discussing pro football and its potential for life threatening injuries. The players are much bigger, much stronger, and probably more athletic than in the past. I am almost amazed that more players don't receive catastrophic injuries.

I think that the doctor sho made the original assessment was the doctor who did the surgery and who was credited by another surgeon in the article in probably assisting in a positive outcome by quickly using a cold saline solution to help prevent excessive swelling.

Bottom line- Simply wonderful news. Hopefully, ultimately the outlook will be positive for Mr. Everett and his loved ones.

Sandy

Sandy
09-12-2007, 06:32 AM
I often think about your wife and wonder how she is doing. I genuinely hope that she has made some significant progress over time. Hope that your family is doing well.

Sandy