PDA

View Full Version : Todays Ride, Jackson Wy.

mwos
09-11-2007, 07:19 PM
We did a 45 mile loop today. I've ridden all over the US, except California and Florida, but this was the most awesome scenery. Riding my bike made me appreciate it more. The pictures don't begin to show the beauty.

Kathi

BoulderGeek
09-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Epic!

Jackson is an awesome area. I've never ridden there. It looks stellar, as it always is when I go to ski.

If the Wyoming weather was the same as Colorado today, you had perfect blue skies.

I rode my Nove today, and also had a magnificent time.

soulspinner
09-11-2007, 07:39 PM
It almost looks unreal. Thanks 4 the pics. Hope you can sprint from the Griz!!!!! :)

Smiley
09-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Your not in Cinncinati no more :banana: Very nice and post more :banana:

mwos
09-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Smiley,

Cins a what tee? There were quit a few Ohio license plates on the road. Does anyone live there anymore?

Tomorrow's ride is supposed to be as beautiful!

Kathi

Fixed
09-11-2007, 09:37 PM
bro i'm riding there in a little while.

in my dreams
cheers
enjoy it that looks like god country imho

Tailwinds
09-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Wow, that is beautiful! Glad you're enjoying it. You look happy w/your new bike.

Louis
09-11-2007, 10:19 PM
What awesome pics. I hope you didn't have to do too much climbing in the mountains in the background - that would be a real killer.

Speaking of killers, I have to say, that bear in the sketch looks to me more like a pig than a bear... :p You ought to be able to out-sprint him/her no problem, even in a climb!

Enjoy the riding.
Louis

Bradford
09-11-2007, 10:42 PM
I know what you mean. I did a tour from Missoula to Steamboat and the part of the ride from the begining of Yellowstone, through Jackson, to the DuBoise, WY was my favorite part.

Now that I live withing driving distance, I can't wait to get up there and ride again.

Too Tall
09-12-2007, 06:27 AM
Oh my gawd...my old stomping grounds...sigh. I miss that alot.

TimD
09-12-2007, 06:49 AM
I was there, sans bike, in June. Awesome.

Just keep heading north and you'll find yourself in Yellowstone. Make a right, keep going, and check out the Badlands, too.

Bud
09-12-2007, 08:03 AM
Nice pictures. Looks like you had fun, Kathi.

I'll be up there in a few weeks for a conference. I think I'll take a bike since we're driving. I should be able to find a couple of hours for a ride.

DarrenCT
09-12-2007, 08:06 AM
scenery like this is why i ride a bike

thnx for the pics.

-d

alembical
09-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Great times!

One of my all time favorite rides I have ever had was there in Jackson. It was in April, the weekend before the roads in Grand Teton National Park were opened to car traffic. I was solo but ran into a nice group of riders and we had a great ride. Snow was clear off the road, surface was dry, nice sunny day, great temp, good company and no car traffic. What a great place.

Alembical

Gothard
09-12-2007, 10:26 AM
What?
Colorado, and only 6 pictures?!
Getbackthererightaway and shoot more pics! :argue:
Seriously, this is one of the nicest places I have ever visited. Wish I was there.