PDA

View Full Version : The Magic Carpet!

Avispa
09-10-2007, 04:03 PM
I was able to finally get out on two 40-mile quick rides with my newly acquired MeiVici... This ain't a bike, it's a Magic Carpet!

What can I say: WOW! This is by far the best bicycle I have ever ridden... At the beginning I was a bit skeptical of the carbon fiber and how hard it would be, since I have ridden a handful of CF bikes before. But now I can see what Jack Brunk said: the MeiVici beats the pants out of the best Ottrott any day!

Anyway, I rode this bike with a set of Ksyriums and even these hard wheels felt nice and comfortable, almost like a set of regular spoke wheels. I felt that the MeiVici gives me the lightness and snappiness of my Legend plus the predictability, comfort, and shock absorption of the Ottrott. Another nice feature I noticed about this bike is that it really held its ground solidly at higher speeds... at 27+ on the flats, the bike felt as solid, smooth and predictable as it felt going 15. For the brief descents that we have here I reached 40+ and the same feeling remained...

Thank you Ben Serotta and all at your company for making such great machines!!!

I will post pictures and specifications soon...

A!

weisan
09-10-2007, 04:46 PM
I felt the same way riding the Hors Cat except that Avispa-pal said it better than i could,....and paid maybe five times the admission price. :D

FlaRider
09-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Congrats. Let me know when you wanna ride with my Meivici.

PBWrench
09-10-2007, 05:10 PM
I can't wait to see it. Did you go with any blue or yellow? Campy no doubt!

SPOKE
09-10-2007, 06:00 PM
I was able to finally get out on two 40-mile quick rides with my newly acquired MeiVici... This ain't a bike, it's a Magic Carpet!

What can I say: WOW! This is by far the best bicycle I have ever ridden... At the beginning I was a bit skeptical of the carbon fiber and how hard it would be, since I have ridden a handful of CF bikes before. But now I can see what Jack Brunk said: the MeiVici beats the pants out of the best Ottrott any day!

Anyway, I rode this bike with a set of Ksyriums and even these hard wheels felt nice and comfortable, almost like a set of regular spoke wheels. I felt that the MeiVici gives me the lightness and snappiness of my Legend plus the predictability, comfort, and shock absorption of the Ottrott. Another nice feature I noticed about this bike is that it really held its ground solidly at higher speeds... at 27+ on the flats, the bike felt as solid, smooth and predictable as it felt going 15. For the brief descents that we have here I reached 40+ and the same feeling remained...

Thank you Ben Serotta and all at your company for making such great machines!!!

I will post pictures and specifications soon...

A!

was this a custom frame/fork designed for you???

Bruce K
09-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Avispa;

It really is rather shocking that these 2 bikes could be as different as they are, isn't it?

I enjoy riding my Ottrott but my Meivici really is something special.

Enjoy your new bike.

BK

Avispa
09-10-2007, 09:57 PM
I can't wait to see it. Did you go with any blue or yellow? Campy no doubt!

Well, of course.... It wouldn't be my bike if it didn't have blue/yellow, but you'll all be surprised. They did a nice job with my specifications on the paint job!

A! ;) :) (that's blue and yellow..)

Avispa
09-10-2007, 09:58 PM
was this a custom frame/fork designed for you???

You bet! I would not spend that kind of money on a non-custom bike...

A! ;) :)

vaxn8r
09-10-2007, 10:13 PM
Can't wait to see it. Sounds great. Good carbon makes a very nice riding bike. That it's Serotta makes it ride all the better.

PBWrench
09-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Avispa really gets blue and yellow atmo

duke
09-11-2007, 08:24 AM
That is a beautful bike. I am very jealous and envious and all those other things you are not supposed to admit to.
duke

Bill Bove
09-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Who fitted ya to this dream machine and how much seat post do you have showing :rolleyes: ? O.k. that's two things but enquiring minds gotta know ;)

PBWrench
09-11-2007, 09:30 AM
I fell compelled to add that the pic is of Avispa's long-departed CSI. I attached it just to show that the dude's know's whats what.

Avispa
09-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Who fitted ya to this dream machine and how much seat post do you have showing :rolleyes: ? O.k. that's two things but enquiring minds gotta know ;)

I was fitted by PL.... :D

JUST KIDDING!!! Could not resist, if you know what I mean!!! :eek: :eek:

Seriously, the fit was a Ron Kiefel/Greg LeMond mix from a few years back. The funny thing I feel is that the older I get, the more stretched out I'd like to be! So the new bike really looks lower on the stem area as compared to that CSI. By the way, that old bike of mine surely was a sweet ride! But those were the level TT days, you know. For me today it's all sloppy (I mean slopping) and all that jazz! :D

Cheers!

A!