PDA

View Full Version : pride

Fixed
09-10-2007, 11:22 AM
bro here is the thing when I use to do group club traing ride i was one of the fastest cats now i'd be draging around with a bunch slow riders but i need the fast rides to get fast again ? ..I don't want to be seen not being able to go like i use to . maybe I'll return in the winter when the pace is slower not now when everbody is flying . I ride by myself all the time now .. remember I was off the bike for 8 months i'm a cat 3 that races master most of the time when i race . I haver never been like this before . but I am having fun riding by myself and I guess that is all that counts
cheers

RPS
09-10-2007, 11:28 AM
If you are having more fun riding solo, why change?

Fixed
09-10-2007, 11:37 AM
bro nothing i guess ..I guess i use to like to perform (showoff)but my head seems different after my g.moms death somethings don't seem as important as they use to .I seem to really like 70s-80s style bikes for some reason even more than i use to.
cheers and thanks
I can't even bring myself to wear a race kit i wore bike shoes cargo shorts and a tee shirt and cap for fifty miles yesterday and sat.

sspielman
09-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Humbling, isn't it?...to have to start over....I'd show up at the rides. You probably have a whole lot of chips to cash in from the guys who remember you...and they'll make sure that you get a good spot in the draft and keep you attached and all of that.

Ti Designs
09-10-2007, 12:14 PM
I've been there, it's no fun. I broke my foot a number of years ago and it was a few months off the bike. I could have told myself I'm older and don't need to be one of the fast guys any more, but being fit and fast means you can do anything you like, being slow means you watch the fast guys go by and get all depressed - there was no option. On the bright side, the skills and techniques don't go away with the fitness, and you know how you got there the first time, this time it's easy (as easy as that much hard work can be). Knowing that I had coached that many riders to the top levels of the sport, I wrote "you know how to do this" on my stem and just followed my own coaching advice. It comes back, really it does. You notice little steps that you probably never did the first time. I remember getting back into fast rides and getting crushed, then a few weeks later I was hanging on for dear life. Then on one ride I hit the front and took a real pull. As I was drifting back (crosseyed and wheezing) someone said "nice pull", and I knew I was back.

72gmc
09-10-2007, 12:29 PM
somethings don't seem as important as they use to

I think it's all for a purpose, Fixed. You start over with a new perspective, and you need to rediscover old things (and notice new things) on the way back to "fast." When you get there, you'll probably be happier than you were at your previous best because you'll be doing what feels right. And until then I'd hang out off the back with you any time.

Ken Robb
09-10-2007, 01:01 PM
[ I can't even bring myself to wear a race kit i wore bike shoes cargo shorts and a tee shirt and cap for fifty miles yesterday and sat.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you're ready to ride with me. :beer: