PDA

View Full Version : Moderately Priced HR Monitor

jimp1234
09-10-2007, 01:32 AM
I'm looking for a basic HR monitor that I can use for spinning classes. The only thing other than HR functions is being able to upload to CyclingPeaks. Any recommendations/deals would be appreciated.

-Jim

stevep
09-10-2007, 07:20 AM
sigma makes great basic hr monitors.
not uploadable though.

maybe $50-80 range and very reliable

Onno
09-10-2007, 07:57 AM
Stick to Polar. They make a bunch of cheap models. I tried several cheaper brands first, and had trouble with all of them. (I think there's something about my body chemistry that causes problems for many monitors--I can rarely get exercise machine hr pickups to work, for instance.) The Polar S150 I have (less than a hundred bucks) worked first time, and every time.

Alan
09-10-2007, 09:03 AM
They have a new line of heart monitors to compete w Polar. They are also downloadable. Ck out the Forerunner 50 at the link below:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=10527

I have had good luck w Polar in the past as well. You need to focus on which models are downloadable and how does the downloading work. My guess is that it is a lot easier to download from a hardware device than to generate a file from a separate application and bring it into Cyclingpeaks. It will take some research. I have had good luck buying used Polar units as they are well built.

Alan

Simon Q
09-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Or Ciclosprt CP 23 or 29. Digital transmission and loads of features incl that it beeps at you at regular intervals that you can set to remind you to eat or drink - sounds simple but it is a feature that I find very useful.