PDA

View Full Version : Tour of Missouri Poll

Incstlouis
09-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Folks - can you help a brotha out?

The Tour Of Missouri starts next week in Kansas City and the local St. Louis Paper - St. Louis Post Dispatch put a poll up on its website about "your interest in the Tour of Missouri."

Here is the link to the poll: http://www.stltoday.com/sports

60% of people responding said they had little or no interest. I'd like to change that perception for the cycling & the multisport community here in the Midwest. if you have a moment, please link through and respond favorably.

Thanks in advance.

Louis
09-08-2007, 11:59 PM
IncStL,

Just this afternoon I drove down to Augusta to scout out what I thought might be a good place to watch Stage 5 - Schuelersberg (sp?) Rd. I had seen it mentioned in several places as a tough climb (Big Shark site and the ToMO site). Also, they get KOM points for it. What a disappointment! I kid you not, that the entrance to my subdivision is way tougher than that. However, I may have found a good vantage point on a downhill turn on that same road.

How many stages are you going to see?

Louis

dsimon
09-09-2007, 01:48 PM
hey im at FT. leonardwood for a school i was going to see if i could go see the start of the race in lebanon, but if i cant iwill go to ST. Louis can someone help me to find a place to park in St. Louis close to the start? thanks in advance.

Louis
09-09-2007, 01:57 PM
CSi,

The parking situation may be a challenge. Next Sunday we'll have a Rams home game, a Cardinals home game and Stage 6 all at about the same time...

I plan on parking at a Metrolink station (free) and taking that in. It will also be useful to use Metrolink to go to various parts of the circuit.

The ToMO web site has very good maps of each stage (under the "Stages" area) and if you Google Metrolink you can get a map of the various stops.

PM if you need more details. As a last resort, several of my buddies and I are going to check out the race on Sunday, and you're welcome to join us if you like.

Louis

dsimon
09-10-2007, 06:00 PM
That would be awsome ill pm you tomorrow schools got me busy. thanks

Elefantino
09-10-2007, 07:19 PM
"Print is dead."
— Egon Spengler, 1984

http://thumb10.webshots.net/s/thumb3/8/24/17/34482417BcvJpT_th.jpg

Louis
09-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Looks like we now have a pretty clear case of ballot stuffing - we've managed to drive up the "Highly Interested" to 35% (I admit, I voted twice, once from home, and once from work :no: ) but the statistical distribution is now so f'ed up that it does not look real. Perhaps we should have done a better job of faking in by adding more "Mildly" and a few "Somewhat"

================================================== ==

What’s your interest level in the Tour of Missouri?

35%
Highly interested.

7%
Mildly interested.

9%
Somewhat interested.

49%
Not interested at all.

Votes: 1,183
Polls are unscientific, reflecting only the views of those who choose to participate

Erik.Lazdins
09-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Any formumites considering the Branson TT stage Thursday? Give me a reason to take a vacation day to drive up!

Branson is far from flat (I hit 55mph on a 20% downhill) so the tt could be very tough!

Hey thanks for reading!
Erik