PDA

View Full Version : quuestion for you all, walser production bike?

jerk
07-07-2004, 04:12 PM
so the jerk was talking to andy the other day about trying to import more of his frames, handlebars, cranks, wheels etc. into the states. turns out he can only build about 30 a year but was very interested in having someone produce an aluminum version of his famed modell 5. same aerodynamic features, narrow crank and rear wheel, aluminum version of those crazy straight handlebars the whole deal....the jerk got a walser for a buddy of his and when all was sadi and done....frame, fork, hbar, crank, bb, disc rear wheel, quad spoke front and quad spoke rear, seatpost, shipping, bank transfer fees, it all ended up costing about $11,000. now if an alloy version of this set up could be had for say $3800 do you guys think there would be any interest?
lemme know.
jerk

Dr. Doofus
07-07-2004, 05:01 PM
some sick triathlete would buy it

coylifut
07-07-2004, 05:29 PM
I see Ultegra appointed Trek TT bikes for about $3,500 or so without a disk or tri spoke. So, $3,800 gets you a Walser, but you still need to hang brakes, shifters and front and rear mechs. That would be down-right competitive with disk wheels. Who needs a carbon TT bike anyway? The longest TT is a 40k or so, which takes a bit less than an hour. Not long enough to get uncomfortable due to the frame material. I'd consider it.

Climb01742
07-07-2004, 06:05 PM
doc doof--as a former triathlete, let me say..."sick triathlete" is redundant, way redundant.

EdK
07-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Jerk
Sign me up for an alloy one. I know a few other folks that probably woul be interested as well. I know I can't TT but want one anyway.