PDA

View Full Version : TTT and Walsers

gt6267a
07-07-2004, 11:54 AM
I am under the impression that with more and more attention on the bicycles in the tour, magazines doing technical spreads, and companies wanting their equipment used; that there is less re-badging or frames than in years past.

that said, i see a lot of the bikes in the TTT with flat looking top tubes. many(maybe all) of the t-mobile riders, a team riding cararera's(sp) and another i don't remember.

are they all riding walser bicycles or are other manufacturing starting to use this design?

jerk
07-07-2004, 03:14 PM
the guys with the level top tubes on t-mobile were riding walsers...the others were riding giants the jerk thinks although they don't look much like the giants they were riding earlier in the season....the front brake is on the right way and the stupid pointy head tube doesn't seem present either...so maybe those are some king of new walser or new giant or something....gerolsteiner were all on walsers though..lot of good it did them.

EdK
07-07-2004, 06:31 PM
The Giant Alloy TT bikes have the stupid pointy (like litespeed) thing on the HT. The new carbon TT bikes have a more Giant looking HT. Supposedly they also have a narrow BB assembly that has the "Q" factory all screwed up. One of the reasons for Walser selection by so many........