PDA

View Full Version : Why I don't buy from C-bike

Todd Owen
07-07-2004, 11:53 AM
I accidently called the internet ONLY side of Chicagoland bicycles and got the 3rd and LAST.... rude response from the person who reluctantly answered the phone. I had stupidly called the number before I read at the bottom of the page NO PHONE orders. I forgot I had called them a year ago to purchase a pegoretti close out but was also treated like I was breaking some rule and when they were out of my frame size ordered some winter cycling shoes but was not told they were backordered and after about 3 weeks was told it was not available. I am going to stick with my local shop Wheatridge and Excel sports where they don't have the ATTITUDE.

FlaRider
07-07-2004, 12:17 PM
At the recommendation of a frequent poster to this Forum, I called Chicagoland Bikes (their brick and mortar store) last year to place an order for a VERY expensive cycling jacket (an Assos Gator). I was unsure about the sizing and politely asked the salesperson if someone could measure the sleeve length of the jacket. During the preceding conversation, I had made it very clear that I was a very serious buyer. To my utter disbelief, he rudely responded that he didn't have time to take that simple measurement! Suffice to say, I didn't order the jacket from them and have since refused to deal with them.

PBWrench
07-07-2004, 01:34 PM
I know that CBike is a favorite LBS of a frequent poster, but I also had a negative experience. A few years ago I was interested in an Ergobrain and was told by a Cbike employee on the phone that it was completely wireless (incl. cadence). I purchased the unit and learned otherwise. They are a good source for Assos and Colnago merchandise but I will generally shop anywhere else.