PDA

View Full Version : PBP #2 done...differently

jcmuellner
09-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Well, I didn't ride like the wind ala my buddy Jan, but I did finish the darn thing. Outside the time limit mind you, but finished...and in many ways, that felt good too. This is the core of endurance riding; what seems perfectly fine one minute can often change dramatically the next.

My ramblings: http://mile43.blogspot.com

Bravo to any listers who made it to PBP - another spectacular event! (See you in 2011 for #3).

Jon "SIR blueshirt"

barry1021
09-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Well, I didn't ride like the wind ala my buddy Jan, but I did finish the darn thing. Outside the time limit mind you, but finished...and in many ways, that felt good too. This is the core of endurance riding; what seems perfectly fine one minute can often change dramatically the next.

My ramblings: http://mile43.blogspot.com

Bravo to any listers who made it to PBP - another spectacular event! (See you in 2011 for #3).

Jon "SIR blueshirt"

on finishing! As sick as you were, it is an unbelievable achievement, one which should make you as proud of yourself as your friends and family are of you, IMHO. You certainly honored the memory of your friend by persevering as you did. Incroyable!!

b21

goonster
09-04-2007, 08:07 PM
Good job, Jon.

Your ride reports have been an inspiration to me for a long time. Hopefully I'll get to say "Hi" in person at an SIR brevet in the not too-distant future.

jcmuellner
09-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Sounds good, Sunday is the next event: a Jan-designed Mountain 100 km. Bring your climbing legs!

Jon

Grant McLean
09-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Congrats on finishing!

I've read several ride blogs, and now i'm starting to think about it.
I must be crazy!

-g

Fixed
09-04-2007, 08:27 PM
bro does that call for a new bike? or do you have one in mind
cheers

Grant McLean
09-04-2007, 08:49 PM
bro does that call for a new bike? or do you have one in mind
cheers

bro, do you even have to ask? of course it does!

g

jcmuellner
09-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Of course you do...and you'll need it sooner rather than later so you can get used to it...order now and make sure it can take fenders (IMHO).

Just in case...order two.

Jon