PDA

View Full Version : I lost my Mojo! . . .

BumbleBeeDave
07-06-2004, 09:32 PM
. . . Quite literally. I had that neat little bumblebee on my stem and last Tuesday we got rained on during a ride. When I got home I discovered nothing on my stem except the Velcro with the sticky bit no longer attached to my beloved Mojo! The rain had made the adhesive loosen and my beloved little Bee is just another piece of karma road kill! :eek:

Never fear, though. I have a new, even more menacing Mojo. But it made me wonder . . . who else has a Mojo on their bike, and if you do, what is IT????

Or is this only for mountain bikers and I’m hopelessly dysfunctional?

BBDave

Dekonick
07-06-2004, 10:23 PM
You didnt lose your mojo... It just left to start another hive....

dave thompson
07-06-2004, 10:25 PM
Wasn't there a sci-fi story about starting another hive? (shudder)

M_A_Martin
07-06-2004, 11:22 PM
mojo n. charm or icon worn by a biker or attached to the bike.

From what I've seen, a mountain bike mojo isn't something that you seek out and put on your bike. A mountain bike mojo finds you. You can embrace it and travel with it or not. Perhaps you mojo left you because it is time for you to go on to other things?

Maybe you need a zebra not a bee?

Or ALF like all those gold wing riders? I can see ALF strapped to your seatpost even now.

weisan
07-06-2004, 11:45 PM
This one is for our ONE AND ONLY...Queen Bee of the SerottaLand. Hope you like it, Dave. :D

weisan

http://www.alicehui.com/serotta/new_mojo_for_Bee.gif

Dr. Doofus
07-07-2004, 01:25 AM
our team/shop mechanic used to tape a picture of a "big greasy mook" (he himself fit this description, and used it to refer to others of Italian origin or heritage) under my bar tape...it was usually Moser, Bugno, or Bontempi...although he snuck Argentin in one time, and before the State RR one year he gave me some extra inspiration with a laminated, scowling Baroncelli on my 140 ITM Eclypse...I and I, of course, crashed out.

Nowadays? The mojo comes from red seats and matching red tires.

Also, we must confess to being the local King of the Euro-Posers. We've done the team jersey thing...and we threw them all away (they were getting unwearable, since the most recent "real" team jersey was from 1998)...we always wanted euro crap when we were young and broke and wearing the semi-free **** from the shop, and now that we have the exhorbitant salary offered by Rock Hill School District #3, we indulge ourselves with those colorful little tributes to two-wheeled capitalism, euro jerseys and matching shorts...we have one simple rule: only buy the kit of teams that *suck*...also, in Velo you can find ads for retro crap that nobody who is cool would wear...like Splendor, RMO or La Redoute...yeahhhh baby

BumbleBeeDave
07-07-2004, 06:37 AM
Thanks so much! But how am I going to get that taped to my stem? . . . :confused:

BBDave

Dr. Doofus
07-07-2004, 06:53 AM
Yo BBD, how 'bout going with a laminated pic of Belushi and Ackroyd as "Killer Bees" on the ol' stem, or underneath the bar tape?

Remember the Buck Henry skit about "buzzing off"??? hehehhehehehe

Len J
07-07-2004, 07:09 AM

Kevan
07-07-2004, 07:09 AM
are mojos to one another and the only wearing being done is on one another. :D

Too Tall
07-07-2004, 07:59 AM
We are at war....bring out the Logo for fighting SeaBees, heck you'll even have your own theme song. Hmmm, I kinda like that schtick for you...a battle bee. Yep.

www.ahealinghand.com/images/general/sbpic.gif
www.ahealinghand.com/images/general/sbsong.wav

Myself, I have a cheesey "Ratfink" sticker on the downtube. Right where I can see it when I'm in the hooks.

MartyE
07-07-2004, 08:17 AM
I have a cork, drilled and hung from my seat rail.

BBD, I like the idea of seabee's decal.

Marty

pjm
07-07-2004, 08:21 AM
http://ultimatedecals.com/custom.php?pic=145