PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's TTT

Bruce H.
07-06-2004, 03:44 PM
I expect USPS to win the stage. I s anyone concerned about T-Mobile?? Seems to be possible they have the horses to come close or beat USPS.
Any thoughts on this???
Bruce H

sfscott
07-06-2004, 04:32 PM
Looked tough in other races, but my money is on USPS. Prologue was a nice indication.

victoryfactory
07-06-2004, 05:33 PM
Everyone's been wondering how the new 2:30 rule will play out. Many have
complained that this will penalize the strong teams, that if a lesser team sees
they are around 2:00 back halfway through the TTT, they could sit up and
conserve energy for the next day, after all, they can only lose 2:30, right?

Well guess what? With the weather forcast for torrential rain and wind as the
day goes on tomorrow, now the sidi is on the other foot!

Now the weaker teams (who start early) could try to go all out on dry roads and steal a win,
while the last teams to go may have to play it safe to finish upright! In a
really extreme scenario, we could even see a leading team "sit up" and take
their 2:30 (although they would never admit it!)

VF, man I love this race.....

alembical
07-06-2004, 05:46 PM
Not sure if it matters, but while I had thought it was 2:30 as well, it appears it actually is 3 minutes they can lose. Anyone know why everyone, including me, thinks it is 2:30? Has the rule changed recently to now be 3:00 minutes?

Alembical

alembical
07-06-2004, 05:57 PM
Anyone know the start times?

Weather for stage four
Unlike the beautiful conditions enjoyed by the riders in Stage 3, rain and wind are predicted for Wednesday's stage 4 team time trial from Cambrai to Arras. Although it should be dry in the morning, the rain is expected to move in by 15:00 and continue for the rest of the stage. Combined with that, a moderately strong wind will be blowing from the east/northeast at 20-30 km/h with gusts of up to 60 km/h. The temperatures will be 20-22 degrees celsius, but the rain and wind will no doubt make it feel much colder.

weisan
07-06-2004, 08:02 PM
My vote goes to CSC. :D