PDA

View Full Version : WTB Merckx MX Leader

mike p
09-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Been looking for a MXL 58 for years now, another thread brought it to mind. Sell me yours, NOW.

Mike

CarlosContreros
09-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Good luck in your search Mike!

I love my MX(last one to ever be built!)....
if you have any "sprint" in you...the Leader will develop X5 that
even more!! ;)

Heck...mine made me a sprinter over night!

It's like..growing up...if you were into basketball you work on your
dribbling...shooting..rebounding...driving the lane...until the day
comes when you can finally....DUNK!!

Then your game goes completely out the window as all you want to do
when playing basketball is to get another dunk!

Same with the MX Leader....you just wait for any reason...any reason
at all to sprint! :banana:

It's also visually striking....the tube shapes!

And I've owned 3....Motorola Motif...Telecom motif....Telekom motif...and
the paint on all 3 are beautiful!

texbike
09-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Mike,

There had been a really nice 58 cm MXL f/f in black/charcoal (w/airbrushed blue and purple highlights) floating around Houston a little earlier this summer. It was on Craigslist and also on the Woodlands Cycling forum.

I haven't seen a posting for it in awhile but it may be worth putting a WTB ad on the Houston Craigslist and the Woodlands Forum to see if anyone knows about it.

Good luck in your search. They are incredible bikes. I just stepped back in the door from an 80 miler on mine this morning. Man, it was great! I hadn't ridden it in over a month due to putting miles on other bikes and was once again reminded what a nice riding bike it is. It just has this solid, smooth, lithe, and responsive feel to it that continues to amaze me.

Cheers,

Texbike

SBash
09-03-2007, 02:09 PM
They really are amazing. I can't dunk anymore, never could really sprint, but at 210 lbs, the perfect bike for me. So solid, amazing on descents, and great climber for big guys.

tv_vt
09-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Orange Molteni. May be too small for you, though. If it was a 60, I'd be all over it.

T

spamjoshua
09-04-2007, 07:02 PM
I covet the MX Leader. I have owned two Santana Moda ( one was first generation fillet brazed but no fork, the second was generation 2 tig welded again sans fork) and I have a t-max frameset I ride rigid still...

I think the MAX tubeset among the prettiest to both ride and stare at...

Time to sell that Hors and some other toys...

Joshua