PDA

View Full Version : Wired to Win movie

rwsaunders
09-03-2007, 06:31 AM
Has anyone seen this yet? It's coming to our Science Center.

www.wiredtowinthemovie.com/home.html

BoulderGeek
09-03-2007, 07:49 AM
I didn't love it as much as wanted to.

It had some nice helicopter shots, but the science was dumbed down and the cycling was a trivial part of the film, from what I recall. I saw it about three years ago(?).

Worth going, but just don't have high expectations of a great experience for cyclists. ATMO, that is.

Chris
09-03-2007, 07:50 AM
You'll wish you had that hour or so back.

BumbleBeeDave
09-03-2007, 12:48 PM
. . . that Tyler was supposed to be in and they edited him out of after his doping problems?

If so, then I saw it and thought it was well done for what it was. The science was indeed simplified, but it was clearly not intended to be a specialty movie. It was intended for mass audiences. I spent most of the movie appreciating the obstacles they must have had to overcome to get the unwieldy equipment where it needed to be and appreciating the computer graphics--and wondering how much of a pain in the butt it musta been to re-do almost the whole thing after Tyler tested positive.

BBD

Ti-Boy
09-03-2007, 02:27 PM
I concur 100% with what BoulderGeek wrote. Six bike club members and I played hooky from work to see it in Philly last year. I nice lunch and visits to various bike shops made for a pleasant day.

pdonk
09-03-2007, 04:05 PM
Saw it in a wide screen/planetarium format, the few spectactular shots were great, the rest was ho hum at best.

BarryG
09-04-2007, 06:42 AM
Ho hum is about right for me - it seemed an obvious hack job from the original intent of the movie.

rwsaunders
09-04-2007, 07:10 AM
Thanks guys. I didn't see JLo in the credits, so I questioned if it was worth it.

cleavel
09-04-2007, 09:03 AM
Hi,

I saw it a week ago with about 30 club members. Everyone liked it and though the science and cycling were "normalized" I thought that it was well done.

Also, having never been to France to see the Tour, the IMAX images from the motorcycles and of the scenery gave you a much better feel of the race than any TV footage. IMHO, it's definitely worth seeing -- it's good, just not amazing. :)