PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Throws a Nowhitter

rounder
09-01-2007, 09:16 PM
I turned on the Oriole game around the 5th inning to see what was going on. No hits losing at 4-0 to the Red Sox. So started watching it. They were playing at Fenway and the pitcher was Clay Buccholz (sp??) it was his second start ever. It was wild...tension kept building. Struck out the last guy looking. At this rate, he will throw 200-300 no hit games over his career. Awesome.

Delpo
09-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Go Red Sox! It was fun to watch after the lousy series with the enemy.

Delpo

wc1934
09-01-2007, 09:30 PM
great performance from the rookie - sox needed it - tech called a great game

Bart001
09-01-2007, 09:35 PM
The lowlight was installing my new Cateye Double Wireless with one eye on the game, and realizing the the bracket won't fit around my 31.8 Easton EC70 bars. Grrrrrrrrr.

Bradford
09-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Wow, what an exciting game :banana: :banana: :banana:

I've been waiting to see this kid for a year. He looked really good in his first game, but this was just fantastic.

This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Bruce K
09-02-2007, 05:30 AM
Can't have enough pitching.

Becket, Matsuzaka, Schilling, Wakefield, Buckholtz, Lester, and even Tavarez on occassion, plus Delcarmen, Okajima, and Papelbon. The Sox philosophy about pitching sure has changed over the last few years.

That was definitely a fun game to watch and badly needed.

Hang on tight, there's still 26 games to go. What a rollercoaster ride.

BK

Climb01742
09-02-2007, 06:20 AM
cats must be sleeping with dogs...red sox have too much pitching and too little hitting? quick, someone check if h*ll has frozen over. i wish they had traded for jermaine dye. they need another bat, what with manny being really injured and big papi being dinged up. i like mike lowell and all, but batting cleanup? gulp.

Bradford
09-02-2007, 07:45 AM
red sox have too much pitching and too little hitting? quick, someone check if h*ll has frozen over.
Come back off the bridge old friend, things aren't that bad. The Sox are ranked 4th in offense in all of baseball (not just the American League). http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=batting&group=9

It only seems that bad because the Yankees have scored 799 runs.

The Olde Towne Team is in great shape, sit back and enjoy the ride.

39cross
09-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Rumor was that Buckholzt was going to be a good one. What a fun game to watch, some sweet defensive plays including one by Buckholtz himself. When the ball was hit hard it was catchable. Everything went right. You could feel the excitement from the crowd right through the tv. Bravo!