PDA

View Full Version : Manolo Saiz??

shinomaster
07-06-2004, 01:19 AM
Am I the only one who thinks him a pea brain for trash talking Lance?? Greedy and selfish?? What does he want Lance to do ? Retire??
:confused:

Andreu
07-06-2004, 01:26 AM
He is an idiot and a cabron (a big ugly goat - v. loose translation :p ). He lost all credibility in the vuelta last year when he claimed riders were cheating by drafting.
I think he is a bully too ...interestingly in Spain those sorts of characters seem to get on as managers of sports teams as it is seen as a positive trait.
It says more about him than it does about Lance.
A

Dr. Doofus
07-06-2004, 02:03 AM
One of the teachers at my school is a Basque and a huge cycling fan...over the winter, when the Doc could still drink (pre-pancreas blowup), it was always a gas to dig out Javier's tape of the Big Cabron's blowup last year...I and I don't know a word of Spanish, but Javier's drunken laughter was enough to tell me that Manolo had indeed made a Lee Elia-ass out of himself (Cubs fans will register this one).

What is funniest about Saiz's bull**** is that he criticizes LA for peaking for the Tour and that's it....hmmm...uh, Manolo, exactly what was Joseba Beloki doing for the past three years?

BumbleBeeDave
07-06-2004, 06:18 AM
. . . managed by Saiz ever won the Tour?

BBdave

Dr. Doofus
07-06-2004, 07:17 AM
ONCE took the team prize in 1995...Saiz has been great at getting everything out of the talent he had at his disposal, (neither Jalabert nor Zulle nor Beloki had any real crack at winning the Tour...Jalabert always had a bad day where he lost five minutes, Zulle couldn't climb with the best, and didn't have the stuff to win TTs, and Beloki was a very very good rider, but two steps short of a great one...the only rider he really flopped with was Breukink) and his Koechli-like approach has yielded as many hits as it has misses.

Like his star riders, he is a strong but limited talent, when judged by the results. However, unlike his star riders, he is a classless ass, the Bob Huggins of European cycling.

Climb01742
07-06-2004, 08:40 AM
as far as i can see, his coaching style pretty much comes down to...driving along side one of his riders during a TT and, at the top of his lungs, yelling "wenge, wenge, wenge!!!" oh, gee, mano, is THAT what i'm supposed to be doing?