PDA

View Full Version : Serotta IT?

Frank Draper
08-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Anyone familiar with this model? I can't find it listed on the Serotta web site. http://finishlinebikes.com/itemdetails.cfm?id=647

davids
08-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Old terminology - "IT" is Integrated Technology - Carbon fiber and Titanium. The tubing sticker on my '05 Nove says "C2IT".

Looks like we'd call that an Ottrott these days...

Pete Serotta
08-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Mine does not have the ST rear and was called the IT. (circa about 2000-01)

Old terminology - "IT" is Integrated Technology - Carbon fiber and Titanium. Looks like we'd call that an Ottrott these days...

Frank Draper
08-30-2007, 05:23 PM
OK, I thought since it was a newer model Ottrott. But, the Ti seat stays and non-slope TT threw me.

dave thompson
08-30-2007, 05:32 PM
OK, I thought since it was a newer model Ottrott. But, the Ti seat stays and non-slope TT threw me.
The Ottrott is available with carbon or Ti seat stays and a level or sloping top tube.

As a side note, I think Serotta's catalog and website are quite lacking in the explanation or pictures to show the variety of configurations available. If I were a newcomer to Serotta I would think the only way I could buy some Serottas is if I wanted a sloping top tube. I know that the market is youth but us old guys buy bikes too.

Frank Draper
08-31-2007, 08:28 AM
Thanks Dave. I have to agree that the site is a bit lacking. After perusing the site I assumed that the only models available are those listed.