PDA

View Full Version : Lockring for my Sachs, Help help!!

NeonIan1
08-30-2007, 03:12 PM
I can't finish my Sachs build until I can mount the Electron's which need a 26mm thread OD lockring! What a hassle. Standard these days is 27mm, older 8's are 29mm. 26's were just for a few years I guess in the late '90's. Check your drawers! Best would be an 11 tooth. If you have one on a spare wheelset/cassette, perhaps I'll buy the lot! Thanks for looking... Ian@Lumichron.com

OperaLover
08-30-2007, 05:20 PM
I can't finish my Sachs build until I can mount the Electron's which need a 26mm thread OD lockring! What a hassle. Standard these days is 27mm, older 8's are 29mm. 26's were just for a few years I guess in the late '90's. Check your drawers! Best would be an 11 tooth. If you have one on a spare wheelset/cassette, perhaps I'll buy the lot! Thanks for looking... Ian@Lumichron.com

I have Electrons and just got lucky with finding a used 26mm lockring in a parts drawer at Ellliot Bay Bicycles here in Seattle. (When I sold the bike, the lock ring went with the clincher wheelset.) You need to find an older shop which has a used stuff they have canibalized and saved. Maybe e-Ritchie can help you . . .

Good luck!