PDA

View Full Version : I didnt know they ran in packs

Geoff
08-30-2007, 08:42 AM
I was riding out of the hood this moring around 6:00 and heard a bunch of what sounded like lap dogs barking at me. As I got closer it was acctually 5-6 foxes at some ones front gate. Pretty cool usally I see them only one at a time and in the distance. I wondered, maybe they just nabed the guys cat?

Anyone else see anything cool this moring?

Geoff

sc53
08-30-2007, 01:58 PM
Are you sure they weren't coyotes? Foxes don't run and gather in packs like that! Unless rabid, I guess...good thing you were keeping a good pace! I saw a few very fat squirrels this morning, that's all.

Fixed
08-30-2007, 02:24 PM
bro I saw some fat turkeys ......they were diving cars
cheers

BumpyintheBurgh
08-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Was out golfing early one morning, hit a drive walked up to my ball and noticed four foxes surrounding another fox on the side of the fairway. They were yapping, running around, chasing and biting the other fox. Stood there for 10 minutes watching, they were oblivious to me although I was close. Figured the one fox was a female in heat and the other four were guys hoping to get lucky. Don't know who scored, a foursome came to the tee and I had to move on.

BURCH
08-30-2007, 02:46 PM
Yesterday morning I was biking along when all of sudden a squirrel drops on the road ahead of me. He landed hard but got up and took off. Probable fell a good 30 feet from the trees overhead. Since the fur ball seemed ok I couldn't help but laugh a little.

regularguy412
08-30-2007, 02:51 PM
Was out golfing early one morning, hit a drive walked up to my ball and noticed four foxes surrounding another fox on the side of the fairway. They were yapping, running around, chasing and biting the other fox. Stood there for 10 minutes watching, they were oblivious to me although I was close. Figured the one fox was a female in heat and the other four were guys hoping to get lucky. Don't know who scored, a foursome came to the tee and I had to move on.

a line in here somewhere about 'foxes in heat', 'a foursome' and 'getting lucky', but darned if I know where it is.

Mike in AR :)

rustychisel
08-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Yesterday morning I was biking along when all of sudden a squirrel drops on the road ahead of me. He landed hard but got up and took off. Probable fell a good 30 feet from the trees overhead. Since the fur ball seemed ok I couldn't help but laugh a little.

Yup, had that happen to us a couple of years ago in England, outside Windsor, little bugger dropped out of an oak tree directly in front of my partner's wheel and she ran over him before he scampered off into the hedge. I just about fell off laughing.

Karin Kirk
08-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Anyone else see anything cool this morning?

We were out taking some riding pics for the website and Dave caught this golden eagle overhead. There were two of them, plus a hawk of some sort.

don compton
08-30-2007, 10:20 PM
that reminds me of an experience that i had at lake amador in the gold country in california. every so often, we ride up to lake amador. well, on one morning, we are enjoying our farmers bros. coffee and on top of this secondary power pole sits this bald eagle. in northern you see lots of golden eagles, and i have seen a few bald eagles but never up close. this bird was huge. i had no idea how big these birds were until this "747" flew by us.
sincerely, don compton

Fat Robert
08-31-2007, 09:24 AM
foxes got a plan.

they're on the way to domestication. totally. so many of em in london that they're losing their fear of humans -- first fatal step to a collar, my vulpus bro.

some rooskies have already bred tame foxes. the selected them for docility, then had em get their fox love on all inbred crack slut like. within a few generations they had floppy-eared black foxes that barked and would learn commands. no sheeyat.

foxes will be the new bassets.

Sandy
08-31-2007, 09:29 AM
foxes got a plan.

they're on the way to domestication. totally. so many of em in london that they're losing their fear of humans -- first fatal step to a collar, my vulpus bro.

some rooskies have already bred tame foxes. the selected them for docility, then had em get their fox love on all inbred crack slut like. within a few generations they had floppy-eared black foxes that barked and would learn commands. no sheeyat.

foxes will be the new bassets.

Guess they never tried that with dinosaurs. Haven't seen many of them around since my early childhood. :rolleyes:

Old Fossil Sandy

Marron
08-31-2007, 12:36 PM
If if recall, there is a theory about the origin of domesticated dogs that hypothosizes that the wild canines with diminished flight responses were able to exploit the nutrition available in human garbage. Humans in turn adopted those animals that showed the most "tame" characteristics and they bred to produce dogs.

I can't wait to get my pet fox.

Dave B
08-31-2007, 12:42 PM
I scared the poop out of a wild turkey once, although he might have already started, but it was a sight to see.

Then again maybe I should have kept that to myself. :D