PDA

View Full Version : do bikes have a soul

Fixed
08-29-2007, 02:41 PM
i think so .. i sometimes think they talk to me
i must be goin mad or i spend all day with my bike like the partin out of rob's bike sayin save me save me ...where the scattered body part go ...
cheers

znfdl
08-29-2007, 02:43 PM
Yes, but they have to be hand made.

Your_Friend!
08-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Fixed!

I Think

Everything!

In The Universe

Has A Soul!

Love,
Your_Friend!

Delpo
08-29-2007, 02:57 PM
They sure do! They must have a soul in order to make me feel the way they do. Don't you wander why on any given day you decide to pick one bike over the other? A part of that is function or weather but on other level it is just the interaction that you want with that partucular soul, pardon me, bike. :rolleyes:

Delpo

Your_Friend!
08-29-2007, 03:00 PM
Friends!

Can Bicycles

Have Transmigrational Souls?!

Love,
Your_Friend!

Kevan
08-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Soul fever?

Fixed
08-29-2007, 03:04 PM
bro the specific belief that after death, the soul of a living being is then transferred (or transmigrates) into their bike .
cheers

davids
08-29-2007, 03:13 PM
No.

But a bike can help you get in touch with your soul. Maybe others', too.

Ti Designs
08-29-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm thinking that most people on this forum would say yes, their bike has a soul. I'm also thinking that most of those people had their bike's soul removed to save weight.

Ray
08-29-2007, 03:51 PM
I don't think bikes have a soul, but I think some bikes really bring out the soul in the person riding them. If they fit and handle right....yada, yada, yada.

-Ray

RPS
08-29-2007, 04:47 PM
If some bikes have a mind of their own, can a soul be far behind?

David Kirk
08-29-2007, 04:47 PM
I think yes and I think no.

I think that the bike in and of itself is a soulless piece of metal, rubber and plastic.

But.......when that chunk or metal, rubber and plastic fits underneath you in just the right way and allows for a communication between you and the road it does feel like it's taken on a life of it's own.

In my opinion this feeling of life isn't coming from the bike but it's a feeling that comes from a different spot inside the rider and the bike was the key to finding it.

Zen Dave

vaxn8r
08-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Yes, but they have to be hand made.

93legendti
08-29-2007, 04:50 PM
I don't think bikes have a soul, but I think some bikes really bring out the soul in the person riding them. If they fit and handle right....yada, yada, yada.

-Ray

I agree. The person who makes the bike can have soul. I can say for sure that riding is easy on my soul (to borrow a phrase from Free).

Your_Friend!
08-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Friends!

First!

How Do You

Define Soul!?

Love,
Your_Friend!

swoop
08-29-2007, 04:58 PM
no bikes were harmed in the making of this post.
you have feelings. some bikes evoke those feelings.
if your stem is lower than your saddle you have a soul.
unless, of course, you have a mirror on your helmet.
*edit:
and big bottles
and saggy shorts.. um...
yeah!

Your_Friend!
08-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Friends!

_Soul_! (http://youtube.com/watch?v=VCIyzNISw1Q)

Love,
Your_Friend

Ray
08-29-2007, 05:17 PM
THEN you have the key to the other half of the universe.

-Ray

weisan
08-29-2007, 05:19 PM
THEN you have the key to the other half of the universe.

-Ray

Ray-pal, I am always amused by your intelligent response. Thank you...

swoop
08-29-2007, 05:20 PM
and it just so happens.. that side has the bathrooms.

davids
08-29-2007, 05:25 PM
no bikes were harmed in the making of this post.
you have feelings. some bikes evoke those feelings.
if your stem is lower than your saddle you have a soul.
Don't get swoop started...

http://www.onthegreenlogos.com/promoitems/images/28bike.gif

rwsaunders
08-29-2007, 06:08 PM
bro the specific belief that after death, the soul of a living being is then transferred (or transmigrates) into their bike .
cheers

I hear you Fixed. Dave Thompson is still living but he's already a crank. :cool:

merckx
08-29-2007, 06:19 PM
My merckx mxl had a soul, has a soul and will always have a soul. I sold it. I am in hell now.

Your_Friend!
08-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Friends!

I Think I Would!

Choose To Be!

A Steel Driveside Chainstay!

Love,
Your_Friend!

handsomerob
08-29-2007, 06:46 PM
i think so .. i sometimes think they talk to me
i must be goin mad or i spend all day with my bike like the partin out of rob's bike sayin save me save me ...where the scattered body part go ...
cheers

I will try to look at her as an organ donor. She may not actually survive it, but her parts will join the cyclosmic circle of life.

So far, the stem is promised to live on helping pilot 55/Rad's classic Vetta.

Your_Friend!
08-29-2007, 07:11 PM
Friends!

My Carbon Fiber Bike Frame!

It Was Once A Dinosaur!

Love,
Your_Friend!

Lifelover
08-29-2007, 07:25 PM
You said it best about a year and a half ago.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=187836&postcount=4

ti_boi
08-29-2007, 07:34 PM
I think that 'we' have an impact on the objects that we are close to--i.e. a bike, a guitar, a car....things we touch and feel a connection with...after a while these objects develop a feel that we have influenced with our hands, feets, asses....you know I'd like to think that we rub off alittle on the things we own and vice-versa.

andy mac
08-29-2007, 07:39 PM
comedy 401.

Friends!

My Carbon Fiber Bike Frame!

It Was Once A Dinosaur!

Love,
Your_Friend!

michael white
08-29-2007, 07:43 PM
2 comments:

I had no idea that big bottles were so uncool. file that under you learn something every day.

As for soul and bikes, I wish I could say this delicately, but: if we're looking to our bikes for soul, we kinda oughta get a life.

best,

mw

Your_Friend!
08-29-2007, 07:52 PM
2 comments:

I had no idea that big bottles were so uncool. file that under you learn something every day.

As for soul and bikes, I wish I could say this delicately, but: if we're looking to our bikes for soul, we kinda oughta get a life.

best,

mw

Silly Micheal!

You Are _So_ Serious!

Love,
Your_Friend!

swoop
08-29-2007, 07:59 PM
i'd like to talk to you all about my favorite tighty whities.

DarrenCT
08-29-2007, 08:04 PM
great thread.

my sachs and parlee definately have soul. im sure my future zank and kirk will also have soul.

my trek and scott definately did not have soul. they are sold :)

time for a beer
-d.

stevep
08-29-2007, 08:08 PM
My merckx mxl had a soul, has a soul and will always have a soul. I sold it. I am in hell now.

how much? 30 pieces of silver?

old_school
08-29-2007, 08:27 PM
Is this (http://www.rockthebike.com/soundsystems) what you are talking about?

rounder
08-29-2007, 08:29 PM
I think yes and I think no.

I think that the bike in and of itself is a soulless piece of metal, rubber and plastic.

But.......when that chunk or metal, rubber and plastic fits underneath you in just the right way and allows for a communication between you and the road it does feel like it's taken on a life of it's own.

In my opinion this feeling of life isn't coming from the bike but it's a feeling that comes from a different spot inside the rider and the bike was the key to finding it.

Zen Dave

I agree with Dave. It's all just parts that are made from stuff. But it's something that you can connect with and takes you whereever you want to go. I imagine it is the same with those who are into their car, boat, golfclubs et. (my father was into his boat...and would say a boat is just a hole in the water into which you throw money ...lol). Anyway, no one here ever talks about their car or boat or golf clubs cause we are all obsessed with our bike(s).

ti_boi
08-29-2007, 09:00 PM
I do love my golf clubs......but don't get to use them too often...I prefer to ride....but damn!!! Those BeCu Pings are a thing of beauty....and sometimes if I stare at them long enough I hear them whisper --St Andrewwwwwwwwwwws! :cool:

SPOKE
08-29-2007, 09:37 PM
No.

But a bike can help you get in touch with your soul. Maybe others', too.

+1 Davids gets it!
i don't claim that any of my bikes have soul but they all have a personality. :beer: