on a TI frame, why not? :p

sd

Kevin
07-05-2004, 04:54 AM
It must be the James Bond edition.

Kevin

Tom
07-05-2004, 06:43 AM
That's one heck of a good diving board, to stand up to a van like that.

BumbleBeeDave
07-05-2004, 06:49 AM
. . . what they meand by "car-pooling?" ;)

BBDave

Bruce H.
07-05-2004, 07:39 AM
Must have driven respondents crazy figuing how to drive it out lol.
Bruce H.

Kevin
07-05-2004, 07:47 AM
BBDave,

Very clever.

Kevin

BumbleBeeDave
07-05-2004, 08:56 AM
. . . when they do get it out? Assuming the water is clean, do they just dry it out and drive it?

BBDave

Cranky
07-05-2004, 06:47 PM

Bill Bove
07-05-2004, 07:00 PM
This ain't news here in Florida, frikkin old people insist on using the drive thru window. Even where there isn't one!!

Don
07-05-2004, 07:03 PM
So do many of the younger ones! Let's not use a "broad paint brush" on us older Floridians!

Bill Bove
07-05-2004, 07:27 PM
My apologies to the compentant among the senior set. But holy god, last week two of my buddys get taken out by an 85yo turning into them, in your hometown last year, a 95yo backing up over her husband. I could go on and on but you are right. Dumb ass kids towing each other in a go cart and, who'da thunk! It flips! One less kid. I think the one thing that always seems to be a constant is somehow a car is involved. If we're not going to make the car any safer, we gotta figure out how to make the driver safer.

You doing Frank Starke next week? It's going to be a hot one.

Don
07-05-2004, 07:55 PM
Your appology is accepted. I do agree that too many Floridians of the older set have trouble judging the speed of some cyclists and cause problems. But then, let's not forget the Gulf Stream police officer who cut off the Mapei group a few weeks back and claimed he didn't realize just how fast the team was moving, causing five cyclists to go down! You'd think a police officer who drives A1A would somehow be able to judge bicyclists moving at speeds in excess of 30 MPH.

I will be "working" the 15th annual Frank Stark Ride as usual. I was fortunate to get a new Event Director this year but did promise him I'd assist. Depending on the final demands of the Palm Beach Police Department, the final route of the ride is still "subject." With the training teams refusing to ride single file when impeding traffic (Florida law) and running the lights (never mind Stop Signs), as well as using their support vans to block intersections, I truly wonder how much longer the ride that has been labeled the "best century in Florida (Florida Sports Magazine) will continue to be held.

I'll be at City Hall at the start of the ride on the morning of the 18th. If you get a chance, please say "hello" and then use whatever influence you have to urge respect for the traffic laws! We must support our sport by being responsible members of the community.

Best regards from this 71 year old "youngster!"

Kevan
07-05-2004, 10:15 PM
of taking the plunge myself. Nice van... as van's go!

Bill Bove
07-06-2004, 04:50 AM
[QUOTE= let's not forget the Gulf Stream police officer who cut off the Mapei group a few weeks back and claimed he didn't realize just how fast the team was moving, causing five cyclists to go down! You'd think a police officer who drives A1A would somehow be able to judge bicyclists moving at speeds in excess of 30 MPH.

I was riding near the front when that happened, Howard Bach says "never attribute to malice that wich can adaqutely be explained by stupidity" That does not apply here, he knew exactly what he was doing. I was the first person to confront him after it happened, nobody will ever convince me he did not do it on purpose. Even if we were riding three and four abreast (there was no back traffic and we were doing the speed limit so we were not impeding traffic) that did not give him the right to do what he did. What's next? Shooting stop sign violaters for fleeing the seen of the "crime"?

That said, yes I will be encouraging people to observe the law at the ride, it is the only way a ride as large as that can get off safely. Good luck and thanks for your work making it happen.