PDA

View Full Version : understandin serotta geometry

MVANALSTYNE
08-26-2007, 06:42 PM
which models are tradititional frame design vs compact frame design.
(sloping top tube) I had a tsx Super nova in the late eighties size 55, most of my bikes since have been 54/55 st 54.5-55 cm top tube. i saw a frame on ebay, model CXII avertising it as a 55 w/ 55 st and 54.5 top tube. in checking out this web site i saw that the cxii was a tri/tt bike and the the size advertised was an effective size 58. that would have been a tough surprise after having it built up. i think the size i would need is a 54L. what type of frame designs are the colorado,csi (am i making this one up?), atlanta
etc. i am intersted in a steel lugged bike.
thanks mike

JohnS
08-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Serotta doesn't do lugged steel anymore. :banana: :p

Larry
08-26-2007, 07:12 PM
which models are tradititional frame design vs compact frame design.
(sloping top tube) I had a tsx Super nova in the late eighties size 55, most of my bikes since have been 54/55 st 54.5-55 cm top tube. i saw a frame on ebay, model CXII avertising it as a 55 w/ 55 st and 54.5 top tube. in checking out this web site i saw that the cxii was a tri/tt bike and the the size advertised was an effective size 58. that would have been a tough surprise after having it built up. i think the size i would need is a 54L. what type of frame designs are the colorado,csi (am i making this one up?), atlanta
etc. i am intersted in a steel lugged bike.
thanks mike

Order up a tig-weld/carbon rear Coeur de Acier. Custom-fitted steel.
Or.....for lugged bike lust, check out kirkframeworks.com

dekindy
08-27-2007, 08:44 AM
Waterford, Kirk, Strong, Land Shark, etc.

beungood
08-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Effen Zank!