PDA

View Full Version : Mavic cycling computer

rwsaunders
08-24-2007, 08:46 PM
Does anyone have experience using this unit and the related skewers?

DarrenCT
08-24-2007, 08:51 PM
i wuz going to get it and did some research and never found anything negative.

hope this helps. it probably doenst though

-d

Jeff N.
08-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Bought one when they first came out, didn't like how it looked/mounted. Kept it anyway. Went for a ride; saw that it didn't work, even after changing all the batteries, changing mount positions, futzing with the skewer, etc.. Never got it to work. Boxed it back up and shipped it back to Excel for a full refund. Even if it had worked I probably would've sent it back. I think you can do better. MUCH better. And for less money. Like Topeak's Wireless Panoram V-12. Love it. I mount it to a Shimano Flightdeck mount and it is superb! Nice, clean, solid, center mount with easy-to-read screen. And very accurate. Easy to set up. Easy to zero. Reasonably long battery life. THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout. It doesn't have cadence or an altimeter. But I don't feel a need for all that b******t. It's got everything else though. Jeff N.

Bruce K
08-25-2007, 04:24 AM
I've been using one on my TT bike for the last 2 seasons.

It works fine. No issues at all.

But that said, I prefer the Flight Decks on my Shimano bikes and the Sigmas on my SRAM bikes to the Win-Tech unit.

BK

seanw
08-25-2007, 06:02 AM
i have been using it for couple of seasons. like it and personally like the clean look. i did find that it helps keeping the head away from the bike to let the skewer batteries have a longer life.

sean