PDA

View Full Version : Spin Class Rage

keno
08-24-2007, 07:14 AM
http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_236001252.html

Then, again, it happened in Manhattan's upper east side. Bet it costs about $1,500+ a year to say you are a member there at cocktail parties.

keno

Sandy
08-24-2007, 07:41 AM
I guess that it is everywhere. I like your posts. They are alwys fresh and interesting. Wish I was either! :)

Old and boring,

Sandy

sspielman
08-24-2007, 08:08 AM
http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_236001252.html

Then, again, it happened in Manhattan's upper east side. Bet it costs about $1,500+ a year to say you are a member there at cocktail parties.

keno

$1500?!!! It's prices like that that keep people from living the high life....They just lost their right to sell Miller High Life is what they did...sheesh

coylifut
08-24-2007, 10:24 AM
i'd like to hear the other side of that story

gt6267a
08-24-2007, 10:27 AM
i'd like to hear the other side of that story

i agree. there is a lot more to this story than what was reported.

Kevan
08-24-2007, 10:35 AM
I rage too when the spin instructor insists on keeping the studio hot and stuffy.

September, it all starts up again. Bleh!!!!

BumbleBeeDave
08-24-2007, 10:52 AM
i agree. there is a lot more to this story than what was reported.

Yeah, I bet the WHOLE story would be pretty interesting.

BBD

imp25rs
08-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Yeah, I bet the WHOLE story would be pretty interesting.

BBD

What, you don't beleive that he was just sitting there minding his own business when the other guy just decided to beat on him for no reason?
:fight:

Ozz
08-24-2007, 12:02 PM
What, you don't beleive that he was just sitting there minding his own business when the other guy just decided to beat on him for no reason?
He was just riding along...... :p

BURCH
08-24-2007, 12:34 PM
He was just riding along...... :p

whistling dixie...

Fixed
08-24-2007, 12:44 PM
bro those cats need to get out more ..imho
cheers

BumbleBeeDave
08-24-2007, 01:35 PM

I've frequently been assaulted for absolutely no reason while in spin class! Maybe it's that see-through skinsuit . . . ;)

BBD

beungood
08-24-2007, 02:22 PM
You wanna see pure unadulterated rage, go to a seniors BINGO game and sit in a regular's seat..

:no:

keno
08-24-2007, 03:28 PM
"i'd like to hear the other side of that story" I thought he was making slick reference to "West Side Story", as the Equinox club mentioned is on the upper east side of NYC. Since it appears that he wasn't, although I'll take his say so if he says he was, I just did.

keno

coylifut
08-24-2007, 03:50 PM
"i'd like to hear the other side of that story" I thought he was making slick reference to "West Side Story", as the Equinox club mentioned is on the upper east side of NYC. Since it appears that he wasn't, although I'll take his say so if he says he was, I just did.

keno

i wish i was that clever, but i'm not

Sandy
08-24-2007, 03:54 PM
The guy that did the assault was on a cycle in the second row. The guy who got assaulted was in the first row. The guy in the second row challenged the guy in the first row to a race. The class started and they both started to spin and spin. Although the guy in the second row was obviously stronger and more fit, no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't catch the guy in the first row. So the guy in the second row got frustrated and finally couldn't take it and went into a rage...... :rolleyes:

Simpleton Sandy

Ozz
08-24-2007, 04:03 PM
...no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't catch the guy in the first row. So the guy in the second row got frustrated and finally couldn't take it and went into a rage...... :rolleyes:...
...as a side note, the guy in the front row was wearing a tutu and go-go boots....things got out of hand when the front row guy pointed at second row guy and taunted him. :beer:

Sandy
08-24-2007, 07:07 PM
...as a side note, the guy in the front row was wearing a tutu and go-go boots....things got out of hand when the front row guy pointed at second row guy and taunted him. :beer:

Are you saying that Kevan was the guy in the front row?? :)

Sandy

William
08-24-2007, 07:56 PM
He was just riding along......

And you're riding along...

And then all of a sudden
there's a truck tire

in the middle of the road,
and you hit the brakes.

Woah, that was close.

Now let's see what happens when you're
riding on "the other guy's spin bike".

You're riding along,
you're riding along,

and suddenly your kids are
yelling from the back seat.

"I gotta go to the bathroom, daddy!"
"Not now, dammit!"

Truck tire! I can't stop!

There's a cliff!

[crash!]

And your family screaming:
"Oh my God, we're burning alive!"

No, i can't feel my leg!
Here comes the meat-wagon.

We-wu-we-wu-we-wu....

And the medic gets out and says:
"Oh-my-God!"

New guy's in the corner,
puking his guts out.

All because you wouldn't get off the guys spin cycle....

Ozz
08-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Are you saying that Kevan was the guy in the front row?? :)

Sandy
No....although Kevan's kit does include a tutu and go-go boots, we both know he would have been caught and passed by "second row guy"....even though they were riding stationary bikes.... ;)

fiamme red
06-03-2008, 01:33 PM
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/02/jury-acquits-man-in-gym-assault-case/

PaulE
06-03-2008, 01:43 PM
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/02/jury-acquits-man-in-gym-assault-case/

“Many Americans have an increasing sense of entitlement,” he said. “That is, what they want to do is more important than anyone else.”

NYT Commentary (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/03/nyregion/03nyc.html?_r=1&ref=nyregion&oref=slogin)

goonster
06-03-2008, 01:44 PM
“You go, girl!” “Good burn!” “This is great!” Those are all phrases, Mr. Sugarman said on Wednesday, that he might well have screamed. When you’re getting pumped up, he said, “it’s all very normal responses.”

Dr. Sherri Sandel, a physician who was in the spin class, testified that after Mr. Carter told Mr. Sugarman to shut up, Mr. Sugarman responded, “Make me.”

The man had it coming, but for a jury to acquit in an assault case like this is surprising, atmo.

LegendRider
06-03-2008, 01:57 PM
It sounds like the jurors wanted to make a judgment based on their feelings rather than the law. Typical.

This should have been an open-and-shut case for the prosecution. No one doubts that Carter did what was alleged. The jurors simply thought he was justified for sending the guy to the hospital for two weeks for being annoying...

gt6267a
06-03-2008, 02:11 PM
from the NYT article ...
One of these men, Stuart Sugarman, was being obnoxious in a New York guy way. To pump himself up, he kept grunting loudly and shouting phrases like “Good burn!” and “You go, girl!” The fact that other people might not have appreciated his loud grunts and screams was a concept apparently beyond his grasp.

One of those other people, Christopher Carter, couldn’t take it anymore. He was a few feet away on his own bike. He asked the grunter to pipe down. To be more precise, he yelled the four-word New York version of “shut up.” The grunter told him no. To be more precise, witnesses reported that Mr. Sugarman said, “Make me,” and gave Mr. Carter a salute — neglecting, however, to use all his fingers.

Mr. Carter hopped off his bike. (We told you these were New York guys acting like New York guys.) He picked up the front end of Mr. Sugarman’s bike, drove the rear end into a wall and let go. Knocked off his perch, the grunter literally hit the wall. He landed in the hospital for two weeks.

the more to the story ... a request was made and denied in a non-confrontational way. not saying i agree with the violence, but i love the difference in reporting from the first article:

...."This fella came in and sat down and he didn't like the fact that there was a lot of excitement going on and for whatever reason, he targeted me," Sugarman said
"This was an unprovoked criminal act," Davis said.

ThasFACE
06-03-2008, 02:23 PM
It sounds like the jurors wanted to make a judgment based on their feelings rather than the law. Typical.

This should have been an open-and-shut case for the prosecution. No one doubts that Carter did what was alleged. The jurors simply thought he was justified for sending the guy to the hospital for two weeks for being annoying...
I get the sense that jury nullification is more the rule than the exception in NYC. This was an open/shut assault case for sure.

BumbleBeeDave
06-03-2008, 02:46 PM
“Many Americans have an increasing sense of entitlement,” he said. “That is, what they want to do is more important than anyone else.”

NYT Commentary (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/03/nyregion/03nyc.html?_r=1&ref=nyregion&oref=slogin)

That whole side column is interesting . . .

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/03/nyregion/03nyc.html?ref=nyregion

Reminds me of being out riding and encountering those drivers in cars I've talked about before. They're bigger than you are and angry at the world and figure they can bully you and get away with it because their families and their bosses won't see it. After all, what're you going to do about it? "I have to treat you like another vehicle or with any kind of courtesy? Make me."

BBD

malcolm
06-03-2008, 03:41 PM
It may be an open and shut case, but it certainly sounds like the guy was milking it for all it was worth. Two weeks in the hospital, part of the time in ICU sounds like a load of crap to me. People operated with discectomies and anterior fusions don't stay that long and usually overnight at most in the ICU post surgery. I suspect this guy is a nut job, however he shouldn't be assualted but the injuries sound out of line with reality.