PDA

View Full Version : Bravo Marv L and Rapid Tourist

Smiley
07-03-2004, 04:59 PM
You both did really well out on the Poolesville circuit today. Remember the hills are your friend. Search out those hills and one day you'll conquer your demons. Search out bigger ones to climb and your both do just fine one year from now. Thanks Ellen for getting up so early to make the ride with us.

Sandy
07-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Both Rapid Touirst and Marv did quite well on the ride. I enjoyed the ride very much. It was really a lot of fun. Smiley, the second half of the ride certainly didn't appear to be easier than the first half. I think it had more climbing.

Hope to see Marv and Rapid Tourist on many more rides. Very pleasant riding with them. Perhaps we all can ride together again soon.

Spinning Shifty Sandy's Superior Serotta Satisfyingly :banana:

Sandy
07-03-2004, 08:28 PM
Hills are your friend if you are a male, 6 feet tall, and weigh 150 pounds, or if you are a female, 5 feet 3 inches tall, and weigh 100 pounds. I do not meet those criteria. But hills are fun, anyway, I think.

Only 11.9 miles left in a 12 mile climb,

Mad Mountain Mirman

Smiley
07-03-2004, 10:12 PM
So Sandy , I am sorry I did not tell you about the forth coming hills , I did not want to break your sprits for the ride home. heck I was the idiot on the tandem ...right :banana:

Rapid Tourist
07-04-2004, 03:11 PM
There is a special place in heaven for people like Sandy, Smiley, Karen, and Marv L. who put up with all of the Rapid Tourists deficiencies yesterday--lack of legs, lack of lungs, maps and chains that fell off my bike, etc. Marv and Sandy are super climbers and ready for the Alps.

Thanks for making yesterday so much fun!! If you let me, I would be thrilled to ride with you all again sometime soon. :banana:

I'm trying to encourage Mr. Tourist to join me on a tandem but getting some push back here.

marvl
07-05-2004, 12:18 AM
Smiley, Karen, Sandy, Rapid Tourist.. Thanks for your support and kind comments. I really enjoyed the ride and hope to do more rides with all of you. I probably would not have done so well without your enthusiasm, help and encouragements.

Smiley, you and the Serotta team designed and built another great bike. Thanks.

And no, Sandy I am not a sandbagger, but many years ago I was a shill in an arcade. You’er old enough to know what a shill does.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Don
07-05-2004, 07:14 PM
tell the truth. Your new found prowess comes from all the hill training you've done in Florida! Those I-95 overpasses can really work wonders! Congratulations!!! Don