PDA

View Full Version : Roadside Tour

Bill Bove
07-03-2004, 04:36 PM
C'mon OLN, what's up with this crap? I like Kirsten Gum but those idiots called the cutters are insulting my (limited) inteligence. And where do they get off calling themselves The Cutters anyway, the only people who had even a remote claim to that title would have been the first 7-11 team at the tour. 23 days is a long time to endure this much shinola. Tour good-Cutters Bad.

shaq-d
07-03-2004, 05:48 PM
C'mon OLN, what's up with this crap? I like Kirsten Gum but those idiots called the cutters are insulting my (limited) inteligence. And where do they get off calling themselves The Cutters anyway, the only people who had even a remote claim to that title would have been the first 7-11 team at the tour. 23 days is a long time to endure this much shinola. Tour good-Cutters Bad.

it was bothering me too, but that mountain biker guy who did the big jump is awesome, i like his presence/attitude. and of course his bike skillz.

sd

Bill Bove
07-03-2004, 06:00 PM
Hans Rey is pretty incredible, check out ebay for some of his old vidios. For years I would skip the GT booth at the bike show while he was performing so that I could get better attention at someone else's booth, then one time I was walking past their booth just before a late show of his, there was hardly anybody there so I hung around. He did this whole trials show with a running monologue at the same time. Really cool.

Now let's just kill the cutters and get on with the tour.

Tom
07-04-2004, 06:58 AM
Jesus. How did they turn something so elegant into something so unwatchable? "Someday, somebody's going to ask you where you were during Cyclysm." What idiot thought that up? It's embarrassing.

Roll and the Tour Day France. Very nice. Somebody tie his hands to his sides, please. I get the unnerving feeling that my television is trying to attack me every time he gets on. I may slip one of these times if I catch a glimpse of it out of the corner of my eye and forget what's happening. It'd be a damn shame to put my foot through the front of a perfectly good TV just because I get startled and with a misplaced reflex defend myself.

Roadside. Painful. Just painful.

Elefantino
07-04-2004, 02:45 PM
is that I don't have to deal with Kirsten Gum or Bob Roll (his shtick it was funny the first 1,000 times) or even the commercials (I mute 'em). Just Phil, Paul and my office door closed so no one bothers me until after 11 or 11:30.

I do, however, get work done while watching the Tour. Honest.

If my boss is reading this, My name is Fred and I live in Cleveland.

William
07-04-2004, 03:05 PM
Going down this road it won't be long before they bring back Chris Berman (or whatever his name is) to replace Phil Ligget.

"AND LANCE IS IN-THE-LEAD, HE-

---MIGHT---

---GO---

---ALL---

---THE---

---WAY!---

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL LLLLL!!"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

William

bostondrunk
07-05-2004, 07:33 AM
Gone are the good ol days of Sam Posey, Beth Rueyak (sp?), Salinger. I think they were ABC Wide World of Sports, during the Lemond days, pictures of claudio, Hampsten, Lemond, floating past the mountain....and at least they had decent music to go along with the hour long summary shows (what do you mean you don't like John Tesch!?!?!?!). Now its just Lance and a Subaru..

William
07-05-2004, 08:18 AM
People always comment that cycling doesn't get the coverage it deserves here in the states, and I believe they are right. """BUT""", it's a double edge sword. In order to make it more palatable (in the minds of the networks) to the masses, they're going to have to dumb it down and turn it into MTV type flash and turn on the marketing juggernaut. Coverage that averages 3 minutes of cycling to 8 minutes of commercials. Your going to see more things like the "New Cutters", Cyclism, Lance & Sheryl showing you their apartment, french men dressed up in the Tour leaders jerseys duking it out on trampolines...(wait, they've already done that), and the Bud frogs in Lance's jersey pockets etc...

I wish cycling would get more respect here too, but sometimes I see glimpses of what they will do to it and I realize that I'm ok with it being a nich sport with a small but dedicated and fanatic following.

William