PDA

View Full Version : Ah, but this morning's ride was great.

Tom
08-22-2007, 11:53 AM
It started with a really nice sunrise, the stratus deck was all torn up on the bottom and the sun lit it up so nice. Then, for some reason I looked over my shoulder and there was this semicircular rainbow right behind me. I was wearing tinted polarized glasses, I looked over them to see how they might shift the colors in the bow and you couldn't see it at all. Only through the glasses could it be seen.

Down by the river there were the most enormous bird turds on the road I have ever seen. They had to be at least five inch across big old splats. I looked up but no birds in the trees. Good.

Turning the corner on to the bridge, a huge key ring on the shoulder. There had to be forty keys on the thing. Somebody's going to be bumming.

On the bike path coming back into town, I found that wild turkeys can lope along at 22mph without even working hard.

Nice day.

Kevan
08-22-2007, 12:09 PM
On the bike path coming back into town, I found that wild turkeys can lope along at 22mph without even working hard.

Spied me 3 deer and 2 separate flocks of turkey this morning.
Nice to have a riding partner for a short while, at least from the start; makes waking up at 5am bearable.

Too dang dark out now in the early a.m. for wearing rose-tinted glasses.

Nothing like a ride to start a work day.

Karin Kirk
08-22-2007, 12:44 PM

Wow, I did not know Archibald could go that fast!

Sounds like a lovely morning Tom, thanks for sharing!