PDA

View Full Version : Vetta V100HR Computer

lasergeek
12-28-2003, 03:12 PM
Does anyone have any experience setting up a Vetta V100HR (wireless speed and cadence) computer? I just installed one on my bike and I'm having a hard time getting cadence to work.

Normally, I tend to be one of those people who doesn't read the directions but this time I actually did... The owners manual doesn't seem to have a lot of detailed/troubleshooting information. It is also possible that I haven't figured out how to use it yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kristin

bulliedawg
12-28-2003, 03:56 PM
"Normally, I tend to be one of those people who doesn't read the directions but this time I actually did... "

That was your first mistake.

sic'em

Bradford
12-28-2003, 04:10 PM
I've had one for a year. Try getting the cadence pickup and magnet really close. Start with the two touching, and then back off the reader to just get clearence.

If that doesn't work, the only thing I can think of is the batteries. Make sure it is in rightside up.

In general, I've found the computer to be pretty good, but the HR doesn't work for me when the temperature drops too low.

Good luck.

PBWrench
12-29-2003, 09:14 AM
I've got the unit and have been using it for the last season. I had no problems setting it up. I do have the cadence sensor very close to the crankarm pick-up. The HR has always been iffy. Every five hundred miles or so I have a problem where the unit seems to go out of whack, unless I really did hit 60 mph on a descent. I reset the unit and I'm fine again. I don't think the Vetta 100 is the most reliable computer, but the wireless package is so clean and the display is so intuitive, that I'm willing to put up with occasional offences. Good luck with your installation!

lasergeek
12-30-2003, 01:16 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions! I put my volt meter across the battery for the cadence sensor and the battery is putting out a whopping 0.5 V. It should be up and running in no time!

I can't wait to go ride! Thanks again!
:D