PDA

View Full Version : bike destroyed, need help

david
08-20-2007, 11:15 AM
so i'm out in carlsbad, california for a two week vacation. hoping to get in lots of miles.
i go to ups to pick up the bike i shipped, come home, unbox it and find the frame has a chunk taken out of the down tube.
it's a look 585 and, being carbon, i'm afraid the tube integrity has been compromised.
it's probably my fault.
but that's not the issue right now.
my problem is i need a bike.
anybody know any good bike shops in the san diego area that will have decent inventory and will break down my old bike and rebuild a new one pronto?
doesn't have to be a look dealer.
thanks

onekgguy
08-20-2007, 11:36 AM
David,

Sorry for your misfortune...that's no way to begin a vacation in bicycle country. Give the folks at California Bicycle a call. (http://www.calbike.com/home/index.html)

Kevin g

Ken Robb
08-20-2007, 11:51 AM
call me 858-455-7701

Dan Le foot
08-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Call Ken. He knows them all. Including 2 Serotta dealers. He may even have a bike to lend or sell you.
Bummer about the bike.
Dan

Fixed
08-20-2007, 04:44 PM
to bad about but good to have friends here
cheers

PoppaWheelie
08-20-2007, 05:45 PM
nm

david
08-20-2007, 06:27 PM
all's good.

i found a shop out here that had a replacement frame and they were able to swap out the parts today.

big thanks to ken robb who jumped on the case and gave me tons of good advice.

fixed, you are sooo right about this place. it really is a great place for cyclists to come together.

also thanks to b and l bicycles in solano beach. randy couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. great find.

phew, my vacation is saved. and maybe with it my marriage!

(you wouldn't believe how cranky i can get when i don't ride for two days, let alone two weeks!)

H.Frank Beshear
08-20-2007, 09:18 PM
If you don't take time to ride with Ken to the Fish taco place you will regret it for the rest of your life. Yes they are that good, and Ken is a joy to ride with. Make sure he takes his park pass though because I'm sure he's talked his way into the overlook park enough that all the guards know he's a deadbeat by now :D . Have fun it's a lovely area to ride in. Frank

david
08-20-2007, 10:08 PM
If you don't take time to ride with Ken to the Fish taco place you will regret it for the rest of your life. Yes they are that good, and Ken is a joy to ride with. Make sure he takes his park pass though because I'm sure he's talked his way into the overlook park enough that all the guards know he's a deadbeat by now :D . Have fun it's a lovely area to ride in. Frank

yup, i think i'm gonna take him up on the fish taco deal. not to mention the ipa. :beer:

Ken Robb
08-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Now I'm getting worried that Sportsman's Seafood will collapse under the pressure of living up to Frank's reviews. One funny comment from the lady-older-than-me at the counter: I told her I thought the salsa that day was even better than usual and she said it was because "the Mexican girl must have made it because she made it better than the Italian girl". The counter lady was very Italian. They don't do pasta. :rolleyes: