PDA

View Full Version : the latest bike reviews

cmg
08-19-2007, 12:01 PM
here's the latest NEW bike reviews listed. the Specialized Tarmac SL2, the Colnago Extreme Power and the Trek Madone. enjoy

http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2007/08/bsnyc-2008-dream-bike-shootout.html

Bruce K
08-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Why are you trying to tick off James so soon after his post about forum etiquette? :crap:

Please play nice.... :banana:

BK

gasman
08-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Actually-the blog is pretty dang funny and it makes fun of these builders and the industry.

Bruce K
08-19-2007, 01:57 PM
I apologize. I saw the header and the alarm bells went off.

:crap:

BK

michael white
08-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Those reviews really confirm my bias against modern bikes! I mean, what's up with all this trendy gushing over "lateral" rigidity with "vertical" compliancy? to hell with that! I like to feel the road beneath my wheels! also, who cares if a bike gets a little noodly? just adds to the fun!!!! really, those wimpy "fad" bikes come and go, but my Varsity is FOREVER!

3chordwonder
08-19-2007, 08:57 PM
That review was a hoot! Thanks for providing the link. That guy writes brilliantly. Serotta should pay him to write their catalogue.

konstantkarma
08-19-2007, 09:14 PM
"Overall, the effect of getting on this bike is like getting on one of those moving walkways in the airport--you feel like you’re going twice as fast, and you feel twice as smart as the idiots who didn’t bother getting on the walkway and just kept walking on the regular floor. And getting on any other bike afterwards is like when you get off the walkway and feel as though you’ve just stepped onto another planet with a completely different gravitational pull." :D

deanster
08-19-2007, 09:33 PM
here's the latest NEW bike reviews listed. the Specialized Tarmac SL2, the Colnago Extreme Power and the Trek Madone. enjoy

http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2007/08/bsnyc-2008-dream-bike-shootout.html

Where are these bikes made? China? Carbon bikes...now let me see, some guy making $8 per day may be making your carbon bike or fork. Hope one only buys a Wednesday bike. Make sure they don't mix Diethylene Glycol in with the Resin. Quality control in China is Zero...Taiwan maybe ok but China. I'll trust a master builder with a torch Tig or Silver Solder putting my bike together anyday.

cmg
08-19-2007, 09:37 PM
the one that made me spit my drink was "Overall, the effect is like sitting in a caffe in a trendy Milan street while sipping a cappuccino and wearing fabulous clothes yet inexplicably traveling at or close to the speed of light." I must have repeated that line at least five times today, what an image...........

3chordwonder
08-19-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm waiting for a sendup of all the various technical 'features' (each with their own logo) that blight bike clothing marketing.

For instance, BioMass Optimized (TM): means garment comes in different sizes.

Ahneida Ride
08-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Best piece of writing in ages. Guy's a genius.

Steelhead
08-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Thats good stuff !

This morning I was sitting at a red light minding my own business and on my way home from a 3.5 hour ride. I was just sitting there and there were no other cars in front or behind. About 1/2 through the red light, here comes Mr. S-Works Tarmac - he rolls right AROUND me and cuts back in front of me at the light. I'm kinda stunned at this joker with iPod firmly plugged into ears and fancy pants bike all shiny and new. Then the light turns green and he can't get into his pedal (surprise) so I just roll right by him. Then he comes around me again all in a flury of cadence and grit and drops back in right in front of me and slows down...... I'm tired and I just want to get home and eat but I thought "OK, I'll play...." I'm buzzing right along behind barely breathing around 21 mph....and he can hardly hold on to that blistering pace. :rolleyes: After about 2 blocks of this, he starts to fade and I just roll right by thinking, "Yep - it's steel. Was built by hand up in New York and outweighs yours by about 3 lbs..... see ya later. :D "

regularguy412
08-19-2007, 10:53 PM
Thats good stuff !

This morning I was sitting at a red light minding my own business and on my way home from a 3.5 hour ride. I was just sitting there and there were no other cars in front or behind. About 1/2 through the red light, here comes Mr. S-Works Tarmac - he rolls right AROUND me and cuts back in front of me at the light. I'm kinda stunned at this joker with iPod firmly plugged into ears and fancy pants bike all shiny and new. Then the light turns green and he can't get into his pedal (surprise) so I just roll right by him. Then he comes around me again all in a flury of cadence and grit and drops back in right in front of me and slows down...... I'm tired and I just want to get home and eat but I thought "OK, I'll play...." I'm buzzing right along behind barely breathing around 21 mph....and he can hardly hold on to that blistering pace. :rolleyes: After about 2 blocks of this, he starts to fade and I just roll right by thinking, "Yep - it's steel. Was built by hand up in New York and outweighs yours by about 3 lbs..... see ya later. :D "

Gets my vote for post of the day. :banana:

Mike in AR

rustychisel
08-20-2007, 06:03 AM
You beat Tom Boonen on a training ride? Way to go!!!

No, wait... he'll learn, he'll get back on your wheel.

Steelhead
08-20-2007, 06:53 AM
Maybe I should have sat up and given him one of those Specialized two handed "S" gand signs. Mine stats with an S too........ :D :)

Steelhead
08-20-2007, 06:54 AM
gang signs

regularguy412
08-20-2007, 07:24 AM
Maybe I should have sat up and given him one of those Specialized two handed "S" gand signs. Mine stats with an S too........ :D :)

LOL Good on ya!!

Mike in AR