PDA

View Full Version : What's next after Watts?

A.L.Breguet
08-16-2007, 04:26 PM
The discussion bout power meters has me thinking about what the next big thing is for training the endurance athlete.
First there was "Ride lots", then came heart monitors, then Power Meters.
Any body have thoughts on the next big thing?

JohnS
08-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Oh wait, we already have those... :D

A.L.Breguet
08-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Oh wait, we already have those... :D
O.K., the next, next big thing......that's legal. :p

e-RICHIE
08-16-2007, 04:33 PM
does anybody remember laughter atmo?

regularguy412
08-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Blood Lactate testing for the home. At the end of each three-minute interval, you stab yourself in the arm. When you pass out from blood loss,, _THAT'S_ you threshold.

:D

Mike in AR

Too Tall
08-16-2007, 04:43 PM
BioMedical implant sensor?

Core Temp, Cortisol, Lactate, BP, ctreatine, Serum Glucose awwww sheeet izat what you ment?

"Training Balance" just becomes more finite with better data but I'm not sure there is anything NEW NEW NEW on the horizon. The last "big thing" def. is PMs because it allows you to create a picture of the athlete in a moment or over time...that is new new new. To surpass that??? Mmmm I'd really want to see some physiology I'm only able to guess and extrapolate from work over time if you know what I mean? Real time physiological markers...woo woo...that might be the new new new thing. We are close, contact sports teams are using core temp probes now..these are swallowed and coaches use RF hand held readers to get core temps off athletes during and immed. after hard efforts etc. in real time. Pretty cool.

Your_Friend!
08-16-2007, 04:54 PM
does anybody remember laughter atmo?

How About Melancholy?!

Love,
Your_Friend

A.L.Breguet
08-16-2007, 04:58 PM
BioMedical implant sensor?

Core Temp, Cortisol, Lactate, BP, ctreatine, Serum Glucose awwww sheeet izat what you ment?

"Training Balance" just becomes more finite with better data but I'm not sure there is anything NEW NEW NEW on the horizon. The last "big thing" def. is PMs because it allows you to create a picture of the athlete in a moment or over time...that is new new new. To surpass that??? Mmmm I'd really want to see some physiology I'm only able to guess and extrapolate from work over time if you know what I mean? Real time physiological markers...woo woo...that might be the new new new thing. We are close, contact sports teams are using core temp probes now..these are swallowed and coaches use RF hand held readers to get core temps off athletes during and immed. after hard efforts etc. in real time. Pretty cool.

Yes! exactly.
Probing for core temperature makes me a little nervous, though. :banana:

JohnS
08-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Yes! exactly.
Probing for core temperature makes me a little nervous, though. :banana: Better swallowed than inserted... :p

MarinRider
08-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Somethings to improve the dynamics of stationary cycles / trainer to better simulate the feels of outdoor cycling. Don't know, just anything that will make the experiences more tolerable.