PDA

View Full Version : Cycling on Lopez Island - San Juans

eadorno
08-15-2007, 10:56 PM
I am going to be cycling on Lopez Island in the San Juans next Wed, Thurs and Fri - Aug 22, 23 & 24. I plan on covering 30-40 miles each day. Does anyone have any suggestions on good routes around the island? I'd like to cover a few different routes each day. In addition, I'm looking to join a group of riders. I ride 14 -16 mph. Thanks for your suggestions.

J.Greene
08-15-2007, 11:06 PM
I am going to be cycling on Lopez Island in the San Juans next Wed, Thurs and Fri - Aug 22, 23 & 24. I plan on covering 30-40 miles each day. Does anyone have any suggestions on good routes around the island? I'd like to cover a few different routes each day. In addition, I'm looking to join a group of riders. I ride 14 -16 mph. Thanks for your suggestions.

Go to the bike shop on the island. They will have a simple map. You can do all of Lopez in one day. There are not that many roads on Lopez. I was there last week and have to say it was awesome. Do Orcas and San Juan the followinig days.

JG

big shanty
08-15-2007, 11:14 PM
Get ice cream at the creamery just outside of Lopez Village and chase some bunnies

William
08-16-2007, 04:41 AM
Go to the bike shop on the island. They will have a simple map. You can do all of Lopez in one day. There are not that many roads on Lopez. I was there last week and have to say it was awesome. Do Orcas and San Juan the followinig days.

JG

+1 It's been quite a while since I've ridden the Islands. Highly recommended if you ever get the chance.

William

William
08-16-2007, 05:56 AM
Climb up Mt Constitution on Orcas if you get the chance. :cool:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=108088&postcount=9

William

Vancouverdave
08-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Watch for bald eagles--there are a lot of them. Good bakery and restaurant in the village @center of the island. The road out to Spencer Spit State Park is absolutely charming, you just have to do it.