PDA

View Full Version : Licksbikes

bostondrunk
08-15-2007, 10:27 AM
I was looking to buy a new trainer in the $1k range, and yesterday was ready to pull the trigger. My LBS couldn't get what I wanted, so I was choosing between cbike and Licksbikes. Wow, what a difference in the service over the phone. Not impressed with cbike and will never use them. The dude from Licksbikes was super nice, very helpful and happy to answer all questions, and got my business.

SoCalSteve
08-15-2007, 10:30 AM
I found that the people at Cbike to be quite arrogant and yes, I never gave them my business again after 1 dealing with them...

Lickbike gets a lot of my business...Unless you get Bob Lickton...LOL..He is very impatient, but he gives great deals!

Just sayin'

Steve

GregL
08-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Lickbike gets a lot of my business...Unless you get Bob Lickton...LOL..He is very impatient, but he gives great deals!

+1

I've purchased many items from Lickton's when I could not source them locally. I can always tell when Bob answers the phone. He definitely is not "customer-centric." You've heard of Seinfeld's soup nazi? I nominate Bob as the "bike nazi."

Regards,
Greg

sbornia
08-15-2007, 10:45 AM
+1 for Lickbike. Super helpful.

I did have one great experience with CBike, but it was dumb luck and not related to customer service. Last December, I was wasting time comparing prices of Campy grouppos from various online stores. I just happened to visit CBike on December 24, when they were having a 24%-off sale. Score! New Chorus. Not sure if this is an annual thing, but definitely worth checking into later this year.

bocarider
08-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Bob is a little testy, but if you are looking for Assos gear, he has really good prices.

I picked up some Assos wind jackets from him a year or so at a great price.

SadieKate
08-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Lick Bike has been great, but I do have to say that Sarah at cbike was incredibly helpful when I had some Assos fit questions - like "do they plan their women's sizing on a napkin at happy hour?"

CNY rider
08-15-2007, 11:55 AM
I've been a very satisfied Lickton's customer for several years.

They have always had my items in stock, ship promptly, and give generally good service.

esigall
12-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Just received a new Dura-ace group from Lickbike. Excellent customer service, quick shipping with good packing, very competitive prices (less than pbk!). Highly recommend.

DarrenCT
12-16-2007, 04:26 PM
+1 for lickbike.com

they messed up an order and gave me free next day shipping

eddief
12-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Yes, Bob is not the best phone guy, but always seems to get it done. But I believe his right hand person is Robin, and he has always been easy to deal with. Not sure he's still there.

scpknees
12-16-2007, 06:57 PM
I've given much $ to Lickton's but, the owner is a pain to deal with. Very impatient. He is always in a rush, making you feel like your not giving info fast enough. Very slow at reimbursing credit. One incident i needed a part shipped to campy and instead of sending it back he just gave me credit four weeks later. which isn't what i wanted and campy was expecting to receive it, they gave the ok but, bob avoided it. Shipping is very slow at times. If i place a order on monday i'll get it on thursday or friday and i live 2 hrs away.

Fixed
12-16-2007, 07:42 PM
i do my business with the trash can
cheers :beer:

Dekonick
12-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Licktons has been good to me. I also want to give credit to harris cyclery - also a top notch outfit.

other positive online experiences:

totalcycling.com (UK)

Probikekit.com (UK)

Velo orange (ANNAPOLIS!!!)

Wallingford bike (USA)

Branford bike (not sure if they are back in action)

and - believe it or not - Nashbar + Performance, when coupons, stars, and planets all line up.

Merry Christmas!
Good shopping!

:)

melonyogloo
12-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Lickton is my LBS. Bob is actually quite helpful as long you know what you are looking for. I have been shopping there for more than ten years and I got used to it.

PBWrench
12-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Check out these guys as well.

http://cyclefixx.com/

Great prices, quick service. Limited selection, but only the good stuff.

Fixed
12-16-2007, 08:50 PM
bro yor know what a campy peanutbutter wrench is? i guess.. you got one too
i have one for my fix
cheers they make a nice gift for your fixed gear imho :beer:

PBWrench
12-16-2007, 08:54 PM
I use my peanut butter wrench on the bench and in the kitchen bro! Check out my avatar. . . It is a future self portrait. My ninth life will be as a PB wrench.

A peanut butter wrench is the name used in N. America for a single-ended box wrench or ring spanner used in cycling to tighten cranks, or the wheel nuts (track nuts) on hubs with solid axles commonly found on track bicycles, particularly the 15 mm wrench made by Campagnolo. Crank bolt spanner or crank spanner is another name for this tool. This is the ony tool, or a thin wall socket, that can be used to tighten or loosen the bolt which holds the crank to the bottom bracket spindle, whereas any wrench/spanner of the correct size will tighten or loosen wheel nuts.

The wrench is apparently the right size and shape to scoop peanut butter (a fairly cheap energy food for track cyclists) out of the jar. The high quality of finish on Campagnolo tools makes this a less unsanitary procedure than it might be with lesser tools.

haimtoeg
12-17-2007, 12:32 AM
I was looking to buy a new trainer in the $1k range, and yesterday was ready to pull the trigger. My LBS couldn't get what I wanted, so I was choosing between cbike and Licksbikes. Wow, what a difference in the service over the phone. Not impressed with cbike and will never use them. The dude from Licksbikes was super nice, very helpful and happy to answer all questions, and got my business.

I bought several times from lickbike. They have excellent deals on wheels, good prices for groups and excellent service on the phone. Highly recommended.