PDA

View Full Version : Stats

vaxn8r
08-15-2007, 01:34 AM
Looking at my Garmin data gave me a thought tonight. We often quantify our year in mileage. How many of you guys keep track of altitude as well.

I just figured out I'm averaging 117 miles a week this year and 4,894 feet of climbing per week. What do you numbers guys do in an average week? Average year?

I know, pretty geeky. And I'll have you know it's tough dragging my fat a$$ up all those hills.

I can't wait for jeffg or Gothard to chime in.

bigbill
08-15-2007, 04:07 AM
Looking at my Garmin data gave me a thought tonight. We often quantify our year in mileage. How many of you guys keep track of altitude as well.

I just figured out I'm averaging 117 miles a week this year and 4,894 feet of climbing per week. What do you numbers guys do in an average week? Average year?

I know, pretty geeky. And I'll have you know it's tough dragging my fat a$$ up all those hills.

I can't wait for jeffg or Gothard to chime in.

I got my Garmin for Xmas and starting using it on January first. January to May was in Oahu followed by Sardinia and Montenegro up to now. I have climbed 158,347 feet this year with a mileage total of 4220.78. The altitude really adds up fast here, my "easy loop" is 24 miles with 1500 feet of climbing. It is easy because the steepest grade is 5%. My typical ride is around 2000 feet for 30 miles.
I mostly look at time spent riding versus mileage. When I lived in Virginia Beach, a ten hour week would net around 210-230 miles. A ten hour week in Hawaii was worth around 160 miles. Same goes for Sardinia.