shinomaster
08-14-2007, 05:23 PM
I baked you some pizza.

xxoo

Shino

Ginger
08-14-2007, 05:40 PM
Shino...

Can I crash at your place for NAHBS? I'll buy groceries.

shinomaster
08-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Sure...bring a sleeping bag.

Karin Kirk
08-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Alrighty! Now I know the good ol' forum is back on track!
Yum - thanks Shino :)

Bruce K
08-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Shino, you commie !!!

Where's the one for us carnivores ??

:banana: :banana: :banana:

BK

Ginger
08-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Hey Bruce, I didn't complain that that's not gluten free, did I

(Shino, Have sleeping bag, but groceries will be gluten free...)

Your_Friend!
08-14-2007, 06:25 PM
Shinomaster!

If You Sell Your Pizza Online!

I Will Buy Some!

Love,
Your_Friend!

shinomaster
08-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Shino, you commie !!!

Where's the one for us carnivores ??

:banana: :banana: :banana:

BK

Pizza number two had spicy sopresatta under the queso. It gave me MP acid reflux imho.

Ginger, I'll just make you a salad and funnel beer down your throat.

fstrthnu
08-14-2007, 06:28 PM
What type of mushrooms are those Shino?

shinomaster
08-14-2007, 06:32 PM
That was one thinly sliced portobello. I ran out of morels..It is possible to make really yummy pie on a lightly oiled pan. You don't need a stone. For a different flavor, flour or cornmeal works to keep it from sticking too.

stevep
08-14-2007, 06:59 PM
nice job shino.
let me know when you come back to civilisation.
i wanna give you shiite in person.

shinomaster
08-14-2007, 07:03 PM
nice job shino.
let me know when you come back to civilisation.
i wanna give you shiite in person.

By civilization do you mean New England? No way...I'm never going back there. Too many grinder-eating hockey-players. Shiit for what? No mug for you!

Ginger
08-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Pizza number two had spicy sopresatta under the queso. It gave me MP acid reflux imho.

Ginger, I'll just make you a salad and funnel beer down your throat.
Noooo must have pizza! and they make some decent gluten free beer now...really...

Bruce K
08-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Waddaya mean you ain't comin' back heah?

Yo Mama will be wicked p+++ed off if you don't visit her.

Besides, watching you lying on the ground gasping for air was kind of funny!! ;)

(Notice I was spectating and not chasing you around at Plymouth last year :bike: )

BK

zank
08-14-2007, 10:52 PM
you're kidding, right? That ain't no pizza. That's some west coast concoction. You should be ashamed. I thought you were born on this side. :fight:

And you better come back for some cross this fall! If not, I'll see you in Portland Dec 5th :beer:

William
08-15-2007, 05:34 AM
Hey, I'm not afraid to say I like veggie pizza. That's looking tasty there Shino. I'll eat Stevep's half if he isn't going to touch it. :banana:

William

Steevo
08-15-2007, 05:59 AM
Shino, You are the forum's true gourmet. Great pics and great food ideas.

FYI, I've been preparing your cucumber, tomato & parsley salad since you posted it a year ago. What a find, let me tell you. Deeeeliscious.

The salad is great all year, but never better than this time of year, with all the fresh ingredients available. Thanks for posting.

(Lurker) Steve, who reads much, much more than he posts.

Too Tall
08-15-2007, 06:30 AM
Nice 'za :) One good turn deserves another. I've made this salad...uh like three weeks in a row taking advantage of our yellow, pear and cherry tomatoes. this is a Giada recipe, I've sub'd seared tuna also...yumm:

1 1/2 pounds slender green beans, trimmed, halved crosswise
3 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
2 large red potatoes, diced
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
9 ounces canned tuna packed in oil, drained

Cook the green beans in a large pot of boiling water until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Using a mesh strainer, transfer the green beans to a large bowl of ice water to cool completely. Drain the green beans and pat dry with a towel. Add 2 teaspoons of salt to the same cooking liquid and bring the liquid to a simmer. Add the potatoes to the simmering liquid and cook until they are just tender but still hold their shape, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to the ice water to cool completely. Drain the potatoes and pat dry with a towel.

In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, garlic, oil, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Place the tomatoes, basil and parsley in a large serving bowl. Add the tuna and toss gently to combine. Add the green beans and potatoes and gently combine. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.

Fixed
08-15-2007, 08:41 AM
man i 'm trying to slim down bro
cheers :beer:

shinomaster
08-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Shino, You are the forum's true gourmet. Great pics and great food ideas.

FYI, I've been preparing your cucumber, tomato & parsley salad since you posted it a year ago. What a find, let me tell you. Deeeeliscious.

The salad is great all year, but never better than this time of year, with all the fresh ingredients available. Thanks for posting.

(Lurker) Steve, who reads much, much more than he posts.

Glad you like it, you are now a member of the tribe of Osman.

Too Tall. that salad sounds swell. I made a yummy pasta primavera last night with fresh green beans, peas and zuccini, and shrooms.. Super yummy!

Hardlyrob
08-16-2007, 02:07 PM
There's a summery pasta salady dish I make all the time. This isn't a real recipe, more like a guideline, but it's darn tasty:

Grill a couple of chicken breasts so they're nice and browned - when they've cooled enough to handle, cutup into forkable bits
Grill whatever other fresh veggies are good - zucchini, yellow squash, red / green / chili peppers, eggplant, asparagus etc.
Have these other ingredients on hand - chopped fresh tomatoes, marinated artichokes, jarred roasted red peppers if you aren't doing fresh, a mixture of good pitted olives, feta and parmesan cheeses
Cook about a pound of pasta - mini penne, gemelli, shells - something that holds sauce.
Make the dressing - a little dijon mustard, good balsamic vinegar (the Costco stuff is great), salt, pepper, fresh thyme, a little sugar, and good olive oil until it's emulsified / creamy. Aim for about a cup of it to cover everything.

Assembly:

Toss the veggies (fresh and grilled) with the dressing, then toss with the pasta, add the cheeses, olives and chicken breast, and serve while still a little warm with crusty bread and a good chilled white Bordeaux or un-oaked Chardonnay - YUM

Cheers!

Rob

Your_Friend!
08-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Hardlyrob!

That Sounds Yummy!

I Make Something Similar!

And I Add Toasted Pine Nuts!

Love,
Your_Friend!

Hardlyrob
08-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Toasted pine nuts would be a great addition.

I've also added pesto to the dressing, after one of the marathon pesto making escapades, and that's a nice change too.

SoCalSteve
08-16-2007, 04:01 PM
Shino...

Can I crash at your place for NAHBS? I'll buy groceries.

Shino,

What do I need to bring if I want to crash at your place in March as well?

Just askin'

Steve