PDA

View Full Version : The Worse Things Get, The More I Love My Bike

ti_boi
08-14-2007, 04:09 PM
I'm the first to admit that I have a lot of toys, some of which I have sold off recently and probably will part with more to come (i'm now an eBay Power seller btw).

But the one thing that I will NEVER sell is my Serotta.

Why? Because it represents a back to basics (albiet pricey) simplicity, it makes me feel incredibly great every time I am lucky enough to ride it, and I know that no matter how expensive gas becomes, or car insurance, or how low stocks fall, I can alway climb aboard and ride. It is essentially 'free'.

Besides, it is probably the healthiest thing that I do these days!

:beer:

dgauthier
08-14-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm right there with you. There's something fundamentally "good" about cycling. Good for you, good for the earth, good for lotsa things. It's bliss.

But essentially "free"? Last time I figured it out, my fancy schmancy cycling tastes were costing me several hundred dollars a year: $250/year for tires, $30/year for CO2 carts and tubes, and $300/year (averaged over several years) for bibs, jerseys and shoes. Maintenance and parts on the bike itself (again, averaged over several years) is a comparatively paltry $100/year.

That's almost seven hundred bucks a year! Cheaper than a car, I guess, but nowhere near free.

ti_boi
08-14-2007, 06:10 PM
yeah, but my sidi's might last a lifetime! If I never walk in em!!!!

Good Points though...........................agreed!

fstrthnu
08-14-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm the first to admit that I have a lot of toys, some of which I have sold off recently and probably will part with more to come (i'm now an eBay Power seller btw).

Why? Because it represents a back to basics (albiet pricey) simplicity, it makes me feel incredibly great every time I am lucky enough to ride it, and I know that no matter how expensive gas becomes, or car insurance, or how low stocks fall, I can alway climb aboard and ride. It is essentially 'free'.

Besides, it is probably the healthiest thing that I do these days!

:beer:

Sell it. Only then will you be free.

-Yoda

rounder
08-14-2007, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE=ti_boi]

Same here. Never gonna sell my serotta(s) or guitar. Everything else is up for consideration.

JohnS
08-14-2007, 09:36 PM
I'll never sell my hiking boots or my Glock 19.

ti_boi
08-14-2007, 10:20 PM
I'll never sell my hiking boots or my Glock 19.

Remind me never to piss you off too badly -- :beer: