PDA

View Full Version : a delicate and sensitive topic

dave1215
08-14-2007, 10:21 AM
i think you'd agree that this is a most serious subject and is best to stay clean.

so, what's best to wear UNDER your cycling shorts? or is it better to go commando? would the speed or distance you go make a difference in your apparel selection?

Fat Robert
08-14-2007, 10:26 AM
i use a maxi pad in my chammy

tampon in the arse to prevent tomke stains

J.Greene
08-14-2007, 10:29 AM

best post ever.

JG

Ginger
08-14-2007, 10:31 AM
Bike shorts are built to wear nothing underneath.

Bike short liners are built to wear nothing underneath, but regular shorts of choice on top.
Don't make the error of wearing bike short LINERS as bike shorts. I've seen it happen...it's ugly.

I have observed that girls who wear thongs under their bike shorts get attention from guys. It's funny. No. If you're a guy, don't wear a thong under your bike shorts...Yes. I've seen it. It's ugly.

If I'm just heading out for errands I'll wear baggy mtb shorts with built in liners or one of those cute little skirts with the bike shorts with chamois underneath. Anything else I'm wearing really good riding shorts with compression and a good chamois. And some Assos chamois creme. Don't forget the chamois creme.

but that's just me.

lemonlaug
08-14-2007, 10:50 AM
I saw a dude wearing boxer shorts, with a nice little martini pattern, in the airport. Managed to keep it together cause it was too early for schadenfreude, but when I got to Chicago and saw him standing on the opposite platform across the El downtown, I nearly lost it.

Rode home with a friend from work the other day who reported that the bike shorts I was wearing were getting a little thirsty in the back. I guess I'm okay with that, but it is a hazard I guess.

SoCalSteve
08-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Commando...

nuff said'

Steve

William
08-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Commando...

nuff said'

Steve

WORD!!

I don't get the cream thing. Never used it, never needed to. Even long miles in the humid NE. Go figure?

William

OldDog
08-14-2007, 12:01 PM
WORD!!

I don't get the cream thing. Never used it, never needed to. Even long miles in the humid NE. Go figure?

William

Big Willie - try pepper sauce. Aids in keeping the rpms up and constant.

William
08-14-2007, 12:06 PM
Big Willie - try pepper sauce. Aids in keeping the rpms up and constant.

Would that be a topical or suppository? :confused:

:eek:

William ;)

Dekonick
08-14-2007, 12:38 PM

With the cardboard aplicator? What do you do with the string? :butt:

shinomaster
08-14-2007, 01:18 PM
i think you'd agree that this is a most serious subject and is best to stay clean.

so, what's best to wear UNDER your cycling shorts? or is it better to go commando? would the speed or distance you go make a difference in your apparel selection?

I slide a piece of skirt steak down there.
:banana:

fiamme red
08-14-2007, 01:19 PM
I slide a piece of skirt steak down there.
:banana:No pictures of the steak, please! :no: :rolleyes: ;)

swoop
08-14-2007, 01:28 PM
the key is to get out of the shorts as soon as you can post ride. only wear clean shorts. post naked. fold counterclockwise like an empty toothpaste tube and tuck the rest around the thigh and up the back and over the shoulder.

yes its a joke (minus the good advice). no its not mean.. and yes the sarcasm is really me making fun of me.

Samster
08-14-2007, 02:00 PM
...tomke stainswas there ever a picture of that?

Ginger
08-14-2007, 02:04 PM
the key is to get out of the shorts as soon as you can post ride. only wear clean shorts.

Just in case someone lost where the good advice ended and the joke started...

labratmatt
08-14-2007, 02:35 PM
WORD!!

William

I'm with you. I've put in many, many, big mile rides and have never used the cream, yet, I have buddies that will slather it on for a 15 mile goof off ride. Weird.

swoop
08-14-2007, 02:51 PM
was there ever a picture of that?

yes.... but i'm not posting it. its horrendoud and poo filled.
the kit i had to wear this year rubbed the skin off... it was worse than any of the suffering on the bike. it was like riding in sand paper.
i actually pulled out of an event because of the fire down below.. i just couldn't take it anymore. it was making me cry.

assos creme by the pound. liberally and often.

Marcusaurelius
08-14-2007, 03:04 PM
I'm with you. I've put in many, many, big mile rides and have never used the cream, yet, I have buddies that will slather it on for a 15 mile goof off ride. Weird.

Well no so weird really once you've had a few sores that prevented you from riding your bike for a week or more.

swoop
08-14-2007, 03:16 PM
search google: "boonen poo". its right there.

gt6267a
08-14-2007, 03:27 PM
WORD!!

William

nothing wrong with the creme. good stuff. always have it on me.

Fixed
08-14-2007, 03:27 PM
[QUOTE=Ginger]

or one of those cute little skirts with the bike shorts with chamois underneath.

those are very cute and get a lot of attention imho
cheers

Ginger
08-14-2007, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=Ginger]

or one of those cute little skirts with the bike shorts with chamois underneath.

those are very cute and get a lot of attention imho
cheers

Yeah,
Not as much as a thong. But they do distract.

They also attract fewer stares at the farmer's market than straight lycra.

Stealth Ginger

Michael Maddox
08-14-2007, 06:36 PM
You people. Sheesh.

+1 commando.

I think cream is excellent for those who need it. In my racing days, I had a saddle sore turn into a long-term secondary infection, mostly because I was young and stupid and ignored my soigneur's advice. It took FOREVER to get rid of that, most likely some sort of yeast.

Now, I use cream on EVERY ride. I prefer Queen Helene's Cocoa Butter Cream. Keeps some folks from getting ashy AND it keeps my fun parts slicky on the chamois. No more chafing and a LOT fewer problems with saddle sores. It's cheap and good, unlike the Assos and other cycling-specific products...about $4 for a tub of it.

I get out of the shorts as soon as I can, and use an A&D soap or a good castille soap to clean quickly afterwards. No point in cultivating anything nasty.

Be nice to your friends and they'll be nice to you, eh?

vaxn8r
08-14-2007, 06:44 PM
the kit i had to wear this year rubbed the skin off... it was worse than any of the suffering on the bike. it was like riding in sand paper.
i actually pulled out of an event because of the fire down below.. i just couldn't take it anymore. it was making me cry.

Yow! I had that when I wore Giordana Tenax. No amount of cream alleviated that fire. Denudation. I tried to like 'em but after the 4th or 5th time :crap: I gave up.

eddief
08-14-2007, 06:50 PM
this place is the most crazy i've seen it in the 6 years i've been posting. i'm drinking the limoncello and thinking about posting up something political.

Elefantino
08-14-2007, 08:10 PM
There are no stupid questions.

Or stupid answers.

musgravecycles
08-14-2007, 09:36 PM

Holy Cow I just had to pick myself back up off the floor. I'm with Greene, that's the best post ever...

SoCalSteve
08-14-2007, 10:43 PM

+1!

Been using it long before Lance made it famous (and drove up the price)...

zank
08-14-2007, 10:47 PM
The only thing between me and my shorts is noxzema. I haven't had a sore all season and I have upped my miles by almost 100%.

BUTCH RIDES
08-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Hello I use a big soft foam pad on my bicycle seat but I ride a lot .
Five miles to the doughnut shop and 5 miles back .
i use to ride less but I am good at long distance bicycle riding .
Thank You
Adios amigos

rwsaunders
08-14-2007, 11:38 PM
this place is the most crazy i've seen it in the 6 years i've been posting. i'm drinking the limoncello and thinking about posting up something political.

Must be the meteor showers.

William
08-15-2007, 04:55 AM
Hey, nothing wrong with using cream if you need it. Like Swoop mentioned earlier, Shorts off immediatly after each ride. Only wear clean shorts. Never had a problem with saddle sores (knock on wood). Not sayin" I've never been sore before, just never had anything that needed that much attention that I needed to slather cream between my legs.....unless of course there was some good Tequila or 151 involved. :D

William

Bruce K
08-15-2007, 05:23 AM
Cream...

Requires strawberries.

BK