PDA

View Full Version : Lance, Tyler--and ZAP!

BumbleBeeDave
07-01-2004, 02:07 PM
More pics from today's AP wire here at the office . . .

Lance looks lean, mean, fit, and relaxed.

Tyler looks damned tired.

And look, there's Zap Espinoza, late of Mountain Bike magazine, now a flack for TREK . . . though the AP photog just refers to him as Mr. Unidentified.

BBDave

oracle
07-01-2004, 03:09 PM
"Lance looks lean, mean, fit, and relaxed."

don't you find this a bit ironic, dave?

oracle

M_A_Martin
07-01-2004, 03:16 PM
Is it just me or does Tyler look a bit like the kid on MAD Magazine all grown up?

BumbleBeeDave
07-01-2004, 03:26 PM
. . of what my personal opinion of him may be, by any objective measure he does appear to be lean, mean, fit, and relaxed. I see good definition, no signs of the stress on his face that I see on Tyler's. Tyler really does look like he hasn't slept in a week--at least in this picture.

BBDave

M_A_Martin
07-01-2004, 03:38 PM
At least Zap found a job. He once told me that it was difficult for writers to get jobs in the bike industry partially because so many writers want jobs in the bike industry.

oracle
07-01-2004, 03:44 PM
dave, the irony is due to the fact that after posting this : "I'm just tired of Lance. Tired of hearing about him. Tired of seeing him. Tired of seeing him with Sheryl Crow. Tired of seeing his bikes. Tired of hearing and reading his interviews." , you're busy posting pictures of armstrong and assesing his form.

oracle

MartyE
07-01-2004, 03:53 PM
Tyler's never been a heavyweight but he does seem to have
a sunken, hungry look about him.

M.A Martin, is that your Kirk Terraplane (blue and white)?
very classy lookin bike.

Marty

Ozz
07-01-2004, 03:55 PM
dave, the irony is due to the fact that after posting this : "I'm just tired of Lance. Tired of hearing about him. Tired of seeing him. Tired of seeing him with Sheryl Crow. Tired of seeing his bikes. Tired of hearing and reading his interviews." , you're busy posting pictures of armstrong and assesing his form.

oracle

Are you trying to get BBD to stop sharing these pics with us?? If so, please stop.

Dave - Thanks for thinking of us when you see these pics.

oracle
07-01-2004, 04:05 PM
no ozz, i neither asked dave to stop posting pictures nor wish for him to stop posting them.

oracle

BumbleBeeDave
07-01-2004, 04:23 PM
<< . . . i neither asked dave to stop posting pictures nor wish for him to stop posting them. >>>

Well, then quit giving me such a hard time about it! ;)

I'm the photo editor at the paper, fer Pete's sakes! I look at the AP wire every day--it's my friggin' JOB! :rolleyes: It's kind of hard to avoid the photos of him on the wire. Similarly, it's hard to avoid him when every time I check in at VeloNews/ProCycling/Cyclingnews.com he's the lead story!--AND he's on the cover of Procycling, Cycle Sport, Outside, etc., ad nauseum . . .

I didn't say he's a bad cyclist! I just don't think he's a very good father--FROM THE EVIDENCE I HAVE SEEN.

Sheesh! Ease up! . . .

BBDave

Kevin
07-01-2004, 08:28 PM
I think Tyler is having problems sleeping. I hear through the grapevine that he keeps waking up in a cold sweat after dreaming that he was involved in yet another crash.

Kevin

:bike:

BumbleBeeDave
07-01-2004, 09:43 PM
. . . Maliciously slandered any good handlebars lately? ;)

BBDave

Russ
07-01-2004, 10:45 PM
"I'm just tired of Lance. Tired of hearing about him. Tired of seeing him. Tired of seeing him with Sheryl Crow. Tired of seeing his bikes. Tired of hearing and reading his interviews."

Oracle,

Thanks for posting this... I'm glad you are not alone on this one.

shinomaster
07-01-2004, 11:04 PM
maybe Tyler is Just tired of Lance too. Ha ha..

I like it when the Oracle is tough on people. Maybe he should be an investigative reporter.

Kevin
07-02-2004, 04:50 AM
BBDave,

Just ask DaveN, he will confirm that the throwing of cold water on "political" discussions on this forum is an absolute defense to the charge of slandering handlebars.

Kevin

flydhest
07-02-2004, 11:44 AM
<< . . . i neither asked dave to stop posting pictures nor wish for him to stop posting them. >>>

Well, then quit giving me such a hard time about it! ;)

I'm the photo editor at the paper, fer Pete's sakes! I look at the AP wire every day--it's my friggin' JOB! :rolleyes: It's kind of hard to avoid the photos of him on the wire. Similarly, it's hard to avoid him when every time I check in at VeloNews/ProCycling/Cyclingnews.com he's the lead story!--AND he's on the cover of Procycling, Cycle Sport, Outside, etc., ad nauseum . . .

I didn't say he's a bad cyclist! I just don't think he's a very good father--FROM THE EVIDENCE I HAVE SEEN.

Sheesh! Ease up! . . .

BBDave

Sports Illustrated, June 28, 2004, p. 53:

But Armstrong made drastic changes in his schedule to be with his kids in the States this spring, opting out of European races and the chance to measure his top opponents. "I needed to be with my children," he says. "If that's the reason I lose the Tour de France, so be it."

BarryG
07-02-2004, 12:44 PM
Is it just me or does Tyler look a bit like the kid on MAD Magazine all grown up?

I think he looks like a Ferengi in that photo.

Go Tyler!