PDA

View Full Version : OT: thinking about opening a lemoncello website

eddief
08-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Dave,

I am in the process of evaluating my first iced martini glass full of Lemoncello. Just as in bike fit, I am not sure I have it exactly right...but the really cool thing about Lemoncello...you just don't care. What a nice find for the Summer of 2007. I want to compete with Beverages and More and do an online website that sells nothing but Lemoncello.

Maybe I'll wait until I wake up tomorrow morning and reevaluate this business idea.

stevep
08-12-2007, 07:38 PM
just finish the bottle...
worry about it manana.

dave thompson
08-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Dave,

I am in the process of evaluating my first iced martini glass full of Lemoncello. Just as in bike fit, I am not sure I have it exactly right...but the really cool thing about Lemoncello...you just don't care. What a nice find for the Summer of 2007. I want to compete with Beverages and More and do an online website that sells nothing but Lemoncello.

Maybe I'll wait until I wake up tomorrow morning and reevaluate this business idea.
Keep the Limoncello bottle in your freezer. And remember that stuff is 36% alcohol so just a tad moderation keeps things humming.

If you do start an interweb Limoncello site, I'll be a steady and good customer! Will you take PayPal?

Google Limoncello recipe and make your own!

eddief
08-12-2007, 08:00 PM
i'm glad you chimed in before i put it in tumbler and a cozy and went out on the patio to quench my thirst. we will take paypal and have free shipping too.

dave thompson
08-12-2007, 08:05 PM
i'm glad you chimed in before i put it in tumbler and a cozy and went out on the patio to quench my thirst. we will take paypal and have free shipping too.
NO! Put the Limoncello in that tumbler, snap a cozy around it and have it on your patio by all means. You'll still have all the normal worries and woes, but you won't care! Mmmm, Limoncello :)

PayPal and free shipping, the Gods are good.

Ginger
08-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Nevermind the premade stuff. Make it yourself. It's lovely.

Well...can be...

It can also taste like lemon pledge

Don't ask me how I know.

as far as the web site:
http://www.lemoncello.co.uk/

but how about a recipe:
http://www.inmamaskitchen.com/RECIPES/drinks_wine/lemoncello.html

http://www.recipezaar.com/167289

And these people get fancy with figuring out the sugar ratio...
http://www.ocws.org/recipes/Lemoncello.pdf

eddief
08-12-2007, 08:20 PM
not sure i needed a masters degree to make this happen. gallons of brew in closet and simple trips to the farmers markets all over the bay area. vodka, lemons, sugar, and a dark closet.

Louis
08-12-2007, 08:38 PM
not sure i needed a masters degree to make this happen. gallons of brew in closet and simple trips to the farmers markets all over the bay area. vodka, lemons, sugar, and a dark closet.

Better watch it Eddie, I hear that the LLS (Local Lemoncello Sellers) are a cut-throat lot. You might come home one day to find your closet in ashes and the dreaded "Lemon Rind of Death" nailed to your front door...

Too Tall
08-13-2007, 07:24 AM
Have yah seen the price of friggin Organic Lemons lately???? yikes.
Timely thread, I was going to start a batch as a "pay back" to a good friend and former owner of a very very fine italian resturant. I like the vodka versions myself.

mdeeds71
08-13-2007, 07:40 AM
I was in Rome on an overnight and went a a very local type roman italian restaurant. After the meal a large magnum sized bottle that looked frozen over was brought to us. Each was given a small appertief glass of this thick icy looking liquid.

mmmmmmm.....

It was homemade Meloncello. Made from cantalope or the seasonal melon. I guess last month theu had honeydew.

This stuff rocked!

bigbill
08-13-2007, 07:59 AM
I had some the other day in LaMadd. My personal favorite is Mirto. It is along the same concept but uses crepe myrtle. We keep a bottle of each in the freezer all the time. We up the alcohol content to make it pour better coming out of the freezer. Either is a great way to end a meal.

Bart001
08-13-2007, 08:46 AM
A lot of people work very, very hard in the lemoncello biz for not a whole lot.

dave thompson
08-13-2007, 09:10 AM
He could always drink the profits.

Too Tall
12-29-2007, 06:39 PM
Eddie, was dorking around with martini's today anticipation of NYE and remembered your most excellent Lincello fantasy...soooo I made a Lemoncello martini and by golly it rawked. I still prefer a very dry martini with three olives but hey I think some folks at the party will like this option. What I did was: 3:1:1 (Vodka,lincello,simple syrup) with a lemon twist. Not bad ;) erp!

eddief
12-29-2007, 07:48 PM
Keep it in the freezer. Pour it out like thick syrup into a frozen glass with three big fat olives. Don't mess it up with anything impure such as vermouth. Drink two and have great conversations and approach hallucinations with a new appreciation.

jwb96
12-29-2007, 08:00 PM
Does anyone here use grain alcohol instead of vodka? I've heard it makes for a better final product. Just can't get grain alcohol here in Maine. If anyone can hook me up . . .

Jim

3chordwonder
12-30-2007, 02:32 AM
Oh no... if only I'd heard of this drink when I still lived in my previous house where we had a lemon tree in the backyard and more lemons than we knew what to do with...

I guess I still made use of a lot of them making untold concoctions out of soda water, lemon juice & wedges, lime cordial and vodka. But this sounds so much more *professional* and appealing.