PDA

View Full Version : Paint suggestions

Smiley
12-28-2003, 02:38 AM
Looking to spruce up my Hor's Categorie, I replaced the F1 fork with a clear weave fork , threadless a year ago and sold my Yellow F1 to someone one these boards, Now I want the Yellow / Red Sizzler paint scheme replaced, I also want to paint the Heads Up head tube extender as part of the frame. I'll leave the Clear F1 as is as I like seeing the clear carbon weave.
I am thinking to paint my frame Competition Red with Charcoal/Ti outline decals, keeping to the age old tradition of KISS. Remember that this can only be a 3/4 paint job as its an Hors after all and the stays flex and thats a no no for paint. Any ideas and BB Dave thanks but no thanks, I like you BUT your taste in paint is a little out there! Love you anyway. Thanks

Sandy
12-28-2003, 05:55 AM
Forget Competition Red. Although it certainly is very nice, the choice is easy- Candy Apple Red, a specialty color. I saw it on a frame at Saratoga Springs when I went there to test ride the Ottrott. Candy Apple Red is gorgeous-Absolutely gorgeous, just like Calfee Kevan's buddy-STill Serotta Sandy.

Your Hors would look especially pretty if you put about a dozen of these :banana: on the tubes and would really look absolutely spectacular if you had a head tube badge made with my picture on it. That would be REAL class, and I mean REAL class.

Mr. Gorgeous, SSS

Kevin
12-28-2003, 06:06 AM
Sandy,

You have been warned about those bananas.

Kevin

Kevin
12-28-2003, 06:24 AM
Sandy,

It is almost time.

Kevin

Kevin
12-28-2003, 08:05 AM
Sandy,

Here is a picture of the last Ottrott owner, Robin Williams, to post bananas after being warned. He was eaten by the gorilla moments after this picture was taken.

Kevin

bulliedawg
12-28-2003, 08:41 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: When I have my bike repainted, I'm going with daphhen blue.

Fender guitars has the coolest colors:

Climb01742
12-28-2003, 08:57 AM
my latest paint fantasy is to create a total stealth bike. pearl black paint, no decals, and see if i can hang all black components on it. and name it "the black pearl". does anyone make all-black cassettes?

Phil Selisker
12-28-2003, 01:51 PM
The red sounds great, but how about white w/ the black red outline decals. :bike::cool:

Bill Bove
12-28-2003, 02:41 PM
T.A. makes all black cassettes, they call them Cheops. Check that English website that everybody buys from.

Color. With the back end staying bare ti, I'd go with white with ti/charcoal. It looks clean and elegant, really classy. But if it were mine, I'd be doing it up inPINK .

:banana: :banana:

Smiley
12-28-2003, 04:09 PM
I agree with you on the white paint thing , would you do simply white or frost white ? Also who would clean the bike for me?

SPOKE
12-28-2003, 05:23 PM
candy apple red with frost white panels and frost white on the HT between the lugs then use the Ti/Char decals. very sweet. i think i'd consider painting the fork too. candy red with the frost white mask on the crown.

M_A_Martin
12-28-2003, 05:40 PM
Now we know

I vote for pearl white with minimal Ti and charcoal decals.

Remember, the white is only on the front of the bike, the messy dirty rear half will be the same as it always is.

Bill Bove
12-28-2003, 05:45 PM
Yeah, frost white.

Cleaning, well you're on your own there but how hard is it to wipe it down with a rag and Pledge or those fancy, shmancy Pedro's Bike Lust towels.

Smiley
12-28-2003, 06:57 PM
and caught red handed by Ginger, and I thought we were friends.

M_A_Martin
12-28-2003, 07:57 PM
who busted ya.

We're all your friends Smiley.

But we thought you were building an OttRott

SPOKE
12-28-2003, 08:04 PM
Smiley got the fork.........i got the Ottrott ST

Too Tall
12-29-2003, 06:27 AM
I like your scheme Smiley only will suggest a red pearl clearcoat. That will be more subtle than you think and comes out in certain light.

Brainfart. Be a little different. Have Ben Chrome the driveside chainstay.

buttercup
10-05-2004, 11:00 PM
I agree on the Candy Apple, On a bike as sweet as the Hors' only the classiest paint scheme will do. :cool: