PDA

View Full Version : Stumped-Build help

Dan Le foot
08-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Hi Gang.
My Ultegra build kit from Colorado cyclist showed up yesterday and my new (for me) 2004 CDA (ST) showed up today.
So my 1st shot at a build started this afternoon.
Actually got about half way through without too many hitches.
But I'm now stumped. (said the one leg man) When I tried to install the brakes I found the brake bolts to be too short for both the F2 fork and ST backstay.
What do I do?
Thanks.
Dan

jhcakilmer
08-10-2007, 10:17 PM
you can get longer nuts, either online, or your LBS...if they stock them. Seems kind of strange that the rear brake isn't working, but I've had the same issue with a couple of the newer forks.....they're getting fatter, especially some of the integrated type.

SoCalSteve
08-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Hi Gang.
My Ultegra build kit from Colorado cyclist showed up yesterday and my new (for me) 2004 CDA (ST) showed up today.
So my 1st shot at a build started this afternoon.
Actually got about half way through without too many hitches.
But I'm now stumped. (said the one leg man) When I tried to install the brakes I found the brake bolts to be too short for both the F2 fork and ST backstay.
What do I do?
Thanks.
Dan

Here is the solution:

Fork: The F2 is a Reynolds fork and has a proprietary thin bolt...Obviously it didnt come with your fork when you bought it...simple solution, call Reynolds and they will send you out the right size bolt for $5.00 and...

ST Stay: Again, while you are on the phone with Reynolds, have them also send you out a bolt for the ST stay as it is also made by Reynolds and has a proprietary bolt (same as the fork)...Dont know how much this costs as I have never had to buy one...

Good luck!

Steve

PS: The person who sold you the frame and fork obviously kept the bolts, probably inadvertantly as you dont realize they are proprietary until you try to use Shimano or Campy bolts....

dave thompson
08-10-2007, 11:43 PM
Dan, I've got an extra pair or front/rear bolts for carbon fork and stays. They're yours if you want them. E-mail me.

Dan Le foot
08-11-2007, 09:03 AM
Dan, I've got an extra pair or front/rear bolts for carbon fork and stays. They're yours if you want them. E-mail me.
Thanks Dave.
I'll take em.
The computer arrived yesterday as well. Haven't had a chance to work with it yet since I've been dealing with the CDA build.
Dan