and due to all happening to the doping issue i guess
there gone be 1 team

that smash evryone next year

it begins with a big .........

yeah lost the war won the economy

michael white
08-10-2007, 12:30 PM
cees,

I'm not quite getting it. . . care to give us another hint???????

mike

ada@prorider.or
08-10-2007, 12:33 PM
its evry where ,and nowhere

and to fast to catch

sspielman
08-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Not so great a time to be a pro cyclist...especially one without a contract!

ergott
08-10-2007, 01:08 PM
China???

swoop
08-10-2007, 01:27 PM
levi back to rabo with johan and that young doped one?
the song remains the same.

Your_Friend!
08-10-2007, 01:28 PM
T?

Dave B
08-10-2007, 01:32 PM
T?

I think people have Hincapie going there.

Slipstream seems to be appealing to many, but they are going to get into trouble signing huge guys and not having the money. I have never been to Chipotle, so I hope they make some darn fine food!

Bill Bove
08-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Slipstream has the money behind them to sign God if they wanted to, they'll have no problems meeting payroll next year.

jhcakilmer
08-10-2007, 10:08 PM
I read in procycling that Hincapie is going to T-mobile. The article seemed to think that they're insider was very reliable, but I haven't heard anything from other media sources.

Anyone else heard anything. I'm not a big fan of T-mobile, I think they've taken a lot of riders, and produced lack luster results.....for the talent that they have possessed in the past 5 years they should have more big wins....IMO.

coylifut
08-11-2007, 12:57 AM
I read in procycling that Hincapie is going to T-mobile. The article seemed to think that they're insider was very reliable, but I haven't heard anything from other media sources.

Anyone else heard anything. I'm not a big fan of T-mobile, I think they've taken a lot of riders, and produced lack luster results.....for the talent that they have possessed in the past 5 years they should have more big wins....IMO.

that team is completely under new management and looks nothing like it did 52 weeks ago. i'd say given their payroll - they did very well this year. a short stint in the yellow and a classics win. both with very young guys.

BdaGhisallo
08-11-2007, 04:53 AM
Yup, Hincapie's on his way to Germany.

From the Velonews report announcing the continuation of T-Mobile's sponsorship:

"The team's annual budget of 12 million euros is one of the largest among ProTour teams. Thursday's announcement eases the concerns of riders signed to contracts with the team and several poised to join the program next season. Topping that latter list is U.S. national road champion George Hincapie, who expects to leave the U.S.-based Discovery Channel team at the end of the 2007 season.

The Hincapie deal - although not yet official - is part of the once-heavily-German team's effort to bolster its profile in the United States and Canada by bringing on big-name domestic talent for next season. Canadian rider Michael Barry and American Aaron Olson were signed this season as part of Stapleton's rebuilding effort."

Nick H.
08-11-2007, 05:21 AM
I think Cees is hinting at T-Mobile. The clue is in his phrase about losing the war and winning the peace, i.e. the economy - that's what we used to say about Germany. Or the Brits did anyway. How am I doing Cees?

Maybe Cees has heard about some other Disco boys who are about to join George at T-Mob?

ada@prorider.or
08-11-2007, 06:28 AM
. How am I doing Cees?

pritty good
more to come any way

cadence90
08-11-2007, 02:36 PM
I could see some other Disco guys (Levi, certainly, Popo maybe) going to Germany, but I also imagine there would be a very strong desire among the Spanish to sign Contador?
The Nuevo Indurain mantra is pretty strong there now. Caisse?

1centaur
08-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Caisse has a GC player and would not want to reconfigure around AC, I think. Saunier Duval lost Miller and effectively Mayo, and Simoni's almost done, so if we're playing home team I'd go that way.

fstrthnu
08-11-2007, 08:22 PM
My guess would be Rabobank if anyone. JB and LL have ties with them as former riders. AC seems to be represented by JB now so they prob will go together if JB decides not to retire. With MR and MB gone plus DeRooy they have room to fill in those categories. Just a guess though...

Nick H.
08-12-2007, 08:38 AM
My guess is Cees has heard that Levi and Danielson are going to T-Mobile.

Cees isn't talking about Big George - that's old news. It was rumoured during the Tour.

And it can't be Contador - T-Mob wouldn't touch him with a ****ty stick because of the Puerto suspicions.

A lot of people assume that doping was a way of life at Disco, and that Levi in particular must have doped to get on the podium. So if me moves to T-Mobile everyone will be watching to see if he slows down. Mind you, there are plenty of people who don't believe that T-Mob is sincerely combating doping. Their staff have such a rotten history.

Chris
08-12-2007, 08:54 AM
My guess would be Rabobank if anyone. JB and LL have ties with them as former riders. AC seems to be represented by JB now so they prob will go together if JB decides not to retire. With MR and MB gone plus DeRooy they have room to fill in those categories. Just a guess though...

Glad to see YOU back anyway...

fstrthnu
08-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Glad to see YOU back anyway...

Back? I never left!

:beer:

Bill Bove
08-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Last winter around Christmas a friend of mine who has impeccable sources (blood) told me the big chin was going to T-Mob. I think I mentioned it here then.

She also told me that he of long chin wanted to be far from Disco when the feces hit the fan, that Op Puerto was not over, there would be fire works during the tour, the season may end early and the Veulta was in doubt. To date she hasn't been far off. Looks like JB may be backing away from the spotlight before it shines on him...

J.Greene
08-12-2007, 05:53 PM
My opinion is that GH is neck deep if the team is. You don't get to be LA's do-boy becuase you know where he keeps the towels atmo. I do think that Disco is getting away for internal reasons, not external.

JG

She also told me that he of long chin wanted to be far from Disco when the feces hit the fan, that Op Puerto was not over, there would be fire works during the tour, the season may end early and the Veulta was in doubt. To date she hasn't been far off. Looks like JB may be backing away from the spotlight before it shines on him...

BumbleBeeDave
08-12-2007, 06:15 PM
I think they are getting out because they think the finger is likely to be squarely pointed at them and they want to be out before that happens. I think if you looks at the list of former disco riders in hot water it makes a lot of sense . . . Landis. Tyler. Heras. Joachim. And several others . . .

BBD

1centaur
08-12-2007, 06:31 PM
In a B movie there would have been a scene where the UCI says to JB (in a smoke-infused, hard-bitten, vaguely European accent): "It's time Johan. Thanks for the money and the testing equipment donations, but your day in the sun is over. If you don't walk away, one day soon you'll hear a knock on the door and it'll be your reputation calling, saying, 'nice to have known you.' We don't need that kind of publicity right now, Johan. We told the Chinese and we're telling you: it's over Johan. Over."

Some day, there'll be a really interesting book...

Nick H.
08-25-2007, 06:36 AM
Well, I was wrong about Danielson - he's going to Slipstream. http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/aug07/aug25news

So, in the absence of any more clues from Cees I'll have to assume that Levi is going to T-Mob! He's due to announce where he's going in a week or so.