PDA

View Full Version : Doping for seniors

Elefantino
08-10-2007, 07:05 AM
From CN: In Italy a 55 year-old was caught for doping in an amateur race. The rider for Team Marlis won a race in the category for 55 to 59 year-olds, but CONI, the Italian Olympic committee, announced that the amateur racer was caught for using high blood pressure medicine, according to La Gazzetta dello sport. He is facing a suspension until he turns 57 as well as a revoking of his title.

I use high blood pressure medicine (Avapro) but haven't noticed any improvement in my performance. Should I ask my doctor to put me on something different?

OldDog
08-10-2007, 08:04 AM
:cool:

Psssssst......you....yeah, you, with the funny hat. C'mer. Wanna buy some hydrochlrothizide or lisinapril?

Just don't let them officials get hold of your Depends!

Bud_E
08-10-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm no expert but I can't see how BP medication can enhance your performance in bike racing. Don't BP medications generally have the effect of slowing one's pulse which would be inefficient for a bicycle racer ?

Sports like rifle shooting on the other hand would benefit from a slower pulse.

Ozz
08-10-2007, 12:59 PM
...Sports like rifle shooting on the other hand would benefit from a slower pulse.
Maybe there is a list of banned substances and they are not sport specific??

swoop
08-10-2007, 02:04 PM
standarad anti aging regime .. testosterone, steroids, human growth hormone and epo.

seems like a good combo for bikin'.... don't it?
too nad about the cancer side effect from hgh.

hey, growth hormones can give a fit athlete cancer? jeez.... who knew.