PDA

View Full Version : Hey Honey, Lance just called for you....

Steelhead
08-09-2007, 09:19 PM
I just got in from taking out the trash and there was a message blinking on my Blackberry. It was Lance. He was just calling me up to say Hi and thank me for registering for this years Livestrong Ride in Austin. He gave me a few stats on cancer and the number of lives it would affect, and thanked me for already reaching and exceeding my goal for this years event. That was it - and he had to go but was looking forward to seeing me in Austin in October.

Yes - it was pre-recorded...... but it was him and it was actually kinda cool. :)

chuckroast
08-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Ha Ha, push reply and leave him a message back....

Jeff Weir
08-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Lets do lunch

MarleyMon
08-10-2007, 08:03 AM
Congrats on your exceeding your fundraising goal! Enjoy the ride.

Fixed
08-10-2007, 08:05 AM
bro i'd get a kick out of that too ..good job bro helping sick people and having fun imho ..cheers :beer:

Steelhead
08-10-2007, 08:09 AM
Congrats on your exceeding your fundraising goal! Enjoy the ride.

Thanks - I'm an insurance broker and several insurance companies/underwriters donated nice sums when they received my request for pledges. Far exceeded my expectations - I got $$ from The Hartford, Zurich, AIG, Republic Group, Jackson-Lloyd Brokers, and Allied so far and there is still more coming in.

:banana:

Chad Engle
08-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Good on ya Steelhead.

jimcav
08-10-2007, 09:37 AM
eventually there will be even more significant advances than those already made. Must have been weird to be among the last group to get polio--hope some day they say that about cancers.
also think it cool that they (livestrong etc) thought of doing that phone call. I've in the past done some charity rides or given to police, fire, etc. no one has ever called to say thanks. a few times i have received a thanks in the mail--but always much later, when they are once again asking for help.
of course my donations were piddly. guess i spend way too much on bikes.

jim