PDA

View Full Version : who makes the smallest seat bag?

Gothard
08-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Years ago I remember seeing a tiny seat bag that was "inside" the sadle, that is, above the rails. I think it was a blackburn(?).
Anyone remembers these, or has a good lead on a *small* seat bag?

MassBiker
08-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Pedros make a nice small bag that fits nicely under the seat.
:beer:

sbornia
08-09-2007, 02:24 PM
I have been using Timbuk2's medium-sized bag for the last six months, and really like it a lot -- very durable ballistic nylon material, nice aero/wedge shape, and super-strong velcro straps. I can jam 2 spare tubes, 2 CO2 cartridges, a tire lever, and a small multi-tool in it. They also make a smaller one, see the linked page below for measurements, which probably can hold 1 tube and another small item or two.

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/accessories/bike-seat-pack

My local REI seems to stock different colors than those listed on the mfg's site -- like black for the small and medium bags.

itsflantastic
08-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Pedros make a nice small bag that fits nicely under the seat.
:beer:

+1 I use their tiny bag. . . it'sa nice..

cadence90
08-09-2007, 02:38 PM
I have a Sci-Con bag that is small but still works well (access, mounting, etc.). Some of the really small ones are a pain to get stuff in and out of.

Gothard
08-09-2007, 03:14 PM
I had the sci-com too, but the Brooks rails width do not suit their quarter turn attachment setup.

raven
08-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Jandd makes a nice and durable one. Comes in 8 colors too.

http://www.jandd.com/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=&txtsearchParamCat=3&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&iLevel=2&subcat=4

Mini-tool Bag
Volume: 24 ci/ 0.4 ltr
Dimensions: 2.5 x 5 x 1.75 (in)/ 6 x 13 x 4 (cm)
Weight: 1.3 oz/ 40 g
Material: Dupont Cordura®

Moosedryvr
08-09-2007, 04:45 PM
+1 on the Jannd bag. I think Pearl Izumi also makes a small, between the rails, type of bag too. Check the Colorado Cyclist catalog, that's where I remember seeing it.

Shawn G

TACSTS
08-09-2007, 05:14 PM
I've been using this small Continental bag from probikekit.com for a while now and I like it. It doesn't attach to the seatpost, only the saddle rails. I can carry a tube, CO2 cartridge, micro-inflater head, a tire lever, couple of bucks, and a glueless patch kit in it. That's about all I need, excpet for my multitool and cell phone that I carry in a jersey pocket.

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=b1067

eddief
08-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Scrotum Cycling Products that makes these sorts of bags?

loewer
08-09-2007, 06:39 PM
I really like the Arundel dual bag -- fits everything, but is narrow enough for my SLR saddle

http://planocycling.com/itemdetails.cfm?catalogId=39&id=6436

Jeff

mike p
08-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Not to be a smart a$$ but if you want a small bag why not just carry it in your jersey pocket?

Mike

Fixed
08-09-2007, 09:05 PM
water bottle cage or jersey i have pedros too sometimes
cheers :beer:

jbl
08-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Not to be a smart a$$ but if you want a small bag why not just carry it in your jersey pocket?

One good reason I've heard is to prevent hard things (like minitools and CO2 carts) from digging into you when you crash.

While, I still carry my stuff in my jersey pockets, I've also been looking for a smaller seatbag, if only to free up jersey pockets for food, or just to stay light. Having stuff in my back pockets kind of annoys me (but not as much as my thighs rubbing against a seatpack).

dnades
08-09-2007, 11:48 PM
Hey guys,

Go to rivbike.com and get a piece of filson waxed cotton for 3 bucks. Wrap your stuff up like a burrito and strap to your seat with a velcro strap or an old rat trap strap. You can make it as small or big as you like. Easy to get things out. Just unstrap and unwrap. I carry a tube,patch kit, levers, multitool, and a co2 thingy. Cinched down tight it attaches well to my brooks saddle. Can't beat it for 3 bucks.

mikki
08-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Scrotum Cycling Products that makes these sorts of bags?
You are hysterical....I love the name...