PDA

View Full Version : RA's Legend Ti..."She's the sweetest thing I've ever had...

RABikes2
07-01-2004, 01:00 AM
Hi everybody!

I wanted to write sooner, but since I got home, Saturday the 19th, I haven't stopped running. It should take another week to get caught up with my businesses. My son was at camp last week and when he came home, he was #1 priority...boy, did I miss him! :)

What a fabulous time I experienced at the open house weekend. Meeting all of you was the best. Ben, Marci, Steve, Jason, Lori, Kelly, Paula, Alyson, and the Serotta staff, you are beyond special. The quality and pride that you put into the making of our bikes is unmatched! Thank you for your hospitality, the rides, food, factory tour, and making me feel like a part of the Serotta "family."

To the members that I met...WOW...you are absolutely the best! It was wonderful spending time with people who share in the same passions...cycling and our Serotta's! Spokes, thank you again for helping with the tire Saturday. Think you might be interested in crewing on some of my distance rides? Florida Bill, Floridians can climb; Bruce K, thank you again for the Boston offer, I'll be in touch; Mary Ann, I still didn't get to see your bike; Dave, you are one crazy, confident man to wear such outfits; Mr. Pete :) , Karen, Smiley, Brenda, Bill; Greg, thanks for that second loop on Sunday; Hypnos, glad you found your wallet; Lange, I owe you some work; where'd you go; Sandy & Gloria, please send your snail address (to RABikes2@aol.com), and all at the open house, it was wonderful meeting you. I hope to have the privilege of cycling with you again someday.

I have the pictures I took on a CD...now if somebody can e-mail and tell me how the heck you put them online... I ride my bike; not computers. :confused:

I spent the week after the open house cycling; it was great. I stayed in the Saratoga Springs area on Monday (I missed one blue arrow and ended up starting all over again. Yes, I decided a GPS would be wise for my BMB. I went up into the lower Adirondacks and back on Tuesday; awesome ride. I learned how to descend a mountain (yahoo!!) on Middlebury Gap, VT, Wednesday, and Thursday I did a loop of the bike course at Lake Sunapee, NH where I did my 1989 Ironman. A week of cycling with my Serotta! Yahoo! My "big girl" vacation/training was better than I thought it could ever be.

Again, it was great meeting all of you. Thank you for such wonderful memories. Please send positive thoughts for Boston-Montreal-Boston 2004, August 19-22. I will feel your energy! Click here: Boston-Montreal-Boston
And, I am honored to be raising donations for the Davis Phinney Foundation for Parkinson's Disease Research and Wellness. If you haven't already, please take a few minutes to read about the foundation and Davis; both are unbelievable! Click here: Home of The Davis Phinney Foundation

Well, my Legend and I are doing a 24 hour ride starting tonight at 5:00p to go until 5:00p Friday. Wish you were here taking shifts with me throughout the night! hehehe ;)

Best wishes and happy Serotta cycling!
RA

M_A_Martin
07-01-2004, 06:23 AM
Welcome Back RA!
Sounds like your vacation turned out as well as you hoped. Glad to hear from you. We were worried!

Here's your clicky link!

http://www.davisphinneyfoundation.com/

Smiley
07-01-2004, 06:27 AM
RA Rocks , Serotta Girl Power , We be rooting for you during your many trans continent tours so just lets us know. Glad we had a chance to meet and ride with you , The Captain and first Mate .

BumbleBeeDave
07-01-2004, 06:33 AM
. . . to meet you and ride with you. But that 24 hour ride thing confirms what I suspected--you need treatment of some sort. Perhaps our new member “Psydoc” could help? . . . ;)

BBDave . . . Confident only in my craziness

PS . . . e-mail me with some info on your computer setup and maybe we can get some of those CD photos on the forum.--BBD

RABikes2
07-03-2004, 10:05 AM
:banana: Thanks for the encouragement! :banana:

If anybody is ever in the north Florida area...give a yell! Take you on some South GA/north FL rides!

My e-mail address is: RABikes2@aol.com

I'm okay Mary Ann! Riding and juggling!

SPOKE
07-03-2004, 04:20 PM
RA,
it was great meeting you too! good luck on the 24 hr ride tonite. i'd consider working on the crew for one of your distance events. all i need is about a month notice so i can schedule the vacation time.
take care.......

Serotta PETE
07-03-2004, 06:47 PM
RA great meeting you and good luck on the ride. Sounds like your ride in Vermont was along some of the nicest roads in the country, (The GAP especially. I have been trying to get SPOKES up there for about a year. I will tell him, that you are riding up there and we need to go crew for you.

PETE

RABikes2
07-04-2004, 05:50 PM
Pete and Spokes,
Boston-Montreal-Boston 2004, August 19-22, will take us from right outside Boston (Newton) through MA, a touch of NH, the length of Vermont, and to Montreal (Huntingdon) and back to Boston, same route (750 miles). Spokes, listen to Pete, you'd LOVE the riding in Vermont! The Gap was a rush, especially with the road conditions keeping you alert. :rolleyes: I have some goals over the next few years, long distance of course ;) , that I will be looking for a complete crew. Spokes, be ready Darlin', I might be asking! I'd be the one blessed to have you as my mechanic!
RA

Bruce K
07-04-2004, 06:16 PM
RA:

Fill me in on the details. I might have some free time to help you out for a day.

The lodging offer is still open if you need it.

BK

SPOKE
07-04-2004, 07:16 PM
RA,
most of the tools are already in the bag. sorta' like a Dr. never know when i'll run across a sick bicycle.
hope your Fourth of July is filled with bunches of fun!
cheers.........