PDA

View Full Version : I'm Serottaless

Ken Robb
08-08-2007, 01:31 AM
Sold the CSI to a fellow-forumite with excellent taste. PB Wrench returned my Hampsten after his vist to SD and he sold my Legend to his good friend. It wasn't even for sale but it fit the guy so well..........
So we're down to 8 bikes--do I get one last perfect bike while I can still ride or shut up and enjoy the ones I own? Hmmmmmmm.

Help Dave T. What should I get that's "JUST OUR SIZE"?

dave thompson
08-08-2007, 05:43 AM
Sold the CSI to a fellow-forumite with excellent taste. PB Wrench returned my Hampsten after his vist to SD and he sold my Legend to his good friend. It wasn't even for sale but it fit the guy so well..........
So we're down to 8 bikes--do I get one last perfect bike while I can still ride or shut up and enjoy the ones I own? Hmmmmmmm.

Help Dave T. What should I get that's "JUST OUR SIZE"?
Order up a MeiVici, in red please. I've got to be in San Diego in a couple of months, so the bike should be ready by for me by then then. :D

Serotta PETE
08-08-2007, 06:04 AM
Sounds like a good plan.....

I assume you are also ordering the new M3 for the carbon roof that will match the Meivici

PETE

Samster
08-08-2007, 06:41 AM
do I get one last perfect bike while I can still ride or shut up and enjoy the ones I own?rhetorical imo.

"would you rather be rich and healthy, or sick and poor?" why is this even a question!? wax the credit card and fire away. :)

eddief
08-08-2007, 09:19 AM
http://www.bacchettabikes.com/recumbents/bikes/carbonaero.htm

just kidding. i owned the steel version, but did not find it very relaxing.

but one of these might be fun:

http://www.easyracers.com/ti_rush.htm

http://www.easyracers.com/images/riding.jpg

how about some derivative of that beautiful Hampsten Tournesol carbon thing dbrk created sometime back? that's one of my all time favorites. love that naked carbon with matte clear coat. ah yes the Carbon Leger.

Kevan
08-08-2007, 09:54 AM
nice knowing ya.

Ken Robb
08-08-2007, 10:01 AM
nice knowing ya.
Then Sandy was right: you were just usng me--your heart does belong to him.........oh woe is me! :bike:

itsflantastic
08-08-2007, 10:07 AM
Congrats on selling the CSI!!! :beer:

itsflantastic
08-08-2007, 10:09 AM
http://www.bacchettabikes.com/recumbents/bikes/carbonaero.htm

oh, and my dad's got one of them. I've ridden it. . . Too twitchy to be relaxing imho. There is no weight leaning down over the front, very tiny, wheel. . . SWB. . . yeah, too twitchy.

Once you get used to it, not too bad though. But I'd take a regular bike any day. :banana:

Kevan
08-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Then Sandy was right: you were just usng me--your heart does belong to him.........oh woe is me! :bike:

I'm in denial.

Speaking of other builders, what about that guy who was sharing JB's and Holland's space? He had some interesting frames, if I recall correctly.

PBWrench
08-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Props to Ken on being such a wonderful host and tour guide. He is a scholar and a gentleman and worthy of unadulterated praise even if he no longer has any claim whatsoever to Serotta fellowship. I do feel somewhat guilty for engineering the sale of his Legend, but if it opens up his stable for a new custom treat I'll feel vindicated. BTW, Ken's (Dennis') Hampsten Strada Bianca is one of the nicest rides I've ever enjoyed. Smooth, stable, great power transfer, and easy on the eyes. Thanks Ken for making my riding in SD such a cool experience. PBW

Jeff N.
08-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Ken, sell 'em all (well, maybe not ALL) and go have Bill build you an Exogrid. I'm serious. Jeff N.

gasman
08-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Props to Ken on being such a wonderful host and tour guide. He is a scholar and a gentleman and worthy of unadulterated praise even if he no longer has any claim whatsoever to Serotta fellowship. I do feel somewhat guilty for engineering the sale of his Legend, but if it opens up his stable for a new custom treat I'll feel vindicated. BTW, Ken's (Dennis') Hampsten Strada Bianca is one of the nicest rides I've ever enjoyed. Smooth, stable, great power transfer, and easy on the eyes. Thanks Ken for making my riding in SD such a cool experience.

I agree-Ken is a great guy and his Legend is a wonderful ride-I'm amazed you sold it Ken.
Now-order that Mevici in red-I'll find some way to get to
SD again.

rounder
08-08-2007, 09:55 PM

Help Dave T. What should I get that's "JUST OUR SIZE"?[/QUOTE]

Well...my stupid opinion...but think you should get at least one more perfect bike while you can still ride and enjoy the ones you already own. I was reading R&T the other day and the writer was talking about someone he knew who lost his Ford GT to a forest fire while it was sitting on blocks in his garage. It was gone forever.

Ken Robb
08-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Leslie was just saying how nice all the Serottans are that we have met. We have loaned bikes to Gasman, PB Wrench, Frank Beshear, and others and borrowed from DBRK and every one is a person we wish we could see more often. A great group!

Yep, the Legend is a wonderful bike in perfect shape but I was running more spacers on the fork than recommended. It worked fine, as Gasman knows, but it wasn't perfect for me. I'm more comfy on my 62cm. Kirk. I really should have an extended head tube. Truth to tell, a Fierte might be good for me but I really prefer a bike w/standard reach brakes rather than short reach. I'll be passing a "Heaqdsup" on to Weisan as soon as I remember to take it to the post office.

mjb266
08-08-2007, 11:21 PM
The Kirk frame on ebay! the thing is priced low and looks amazing.

Ken Robb
08-08-2007, 11:44 PM
I saw it at the show and it's GORGEOUS--but my 62x59 Kirk is a better fit for my 6'1 body.

Dan Le foot
08-09-2007, 08:54 AM
I saw it at the show and it's GORGEOUS--but my 62x59 Kirk is a better fit for my 6'1 body.
Hi Ken.
I use to be 6'1" too. But I lost a foot. :p
I also think a custom Mevichi would be perfect. You deserve it.
Dan
BTW. My Colorado build kit (For the new CDA) showed up yesterday. Like Christmas in August.

Ken Robb
08-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Hi Ken.
I use to be 6'1" too. But I lost a foot. :p
I also think a custom Mevichi would be perfect. You deserve it.
Dan
BTW. My Colorado build kit (For the new CDA) showed up yesterday. Like Christmas in August.

good, now bolt it to something before the burglars come back. :)