PDA

View Full Version : As cross season quickly approaches I ask myself again....do I want tubulars?

shinomaster
08-07-2007, 06:51 PM
What tires would replace my beloved Michelin muds? Are they worth the hassle? What wheels would I glue them on?

Too Tall
08-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Derrrrr. Whats it gonna take? I'm here for you my friend.

chrisroph
08-07-2007, 07:16 PM
John, why do you even ask, of course you want tubulars for cross.. Even Terry uses tubulars for cross.

SWorks4me
08-07-2007, 08:21 PM
get'em quick! they sell out quick.
http://cyclocrossworld.stores.yahoo.net/tubulars.html

matched with 404's

Fixed
08-07-2007, 08:24 PM
bro i have some mavic 330's with mavic hubs if anybody needs them
let me know
cheers.......gone to a good home

zank
08-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Have a look at the FMBs that are headed out to Terry and Chris.

coylifut
08-08-2007, 12:10 AM
Have a look at the FMBs that are headed out to Terry and Chris.

are those thing really on their way. can't wait.

Shino. your fried Eric Tonkin only uses tubulars when he races over seas. the rest of the time he uses the Mud 2 clinchers. Me. I just about always use tubulars.

Ligero
08-08-2007, 07:14 AM
I know quite a few racers that have started running Michelin muds converted to tubeless on Stan's 29'er rims. They run very low pressure and the sealant keeps you from getting flats.

coylifut
08-08-2007, 11:45 AM
I know quite a few racers that have started running Michelin muds converted to tubeless on Stan's 29'er rims. They run very low pressure and the sealant keeps you from getting flats.

bill larsen at cyclepath here in portland has been very successful with the above set up. the key is the Stan's 29-er rim as you suggest.

Your_Friend!
08-08-2007, 12:10 PM
If you Are Surfing in the Ocean!
And you are inside the wave
What Do You See?
It is Tubular!
This is Nature's Way!
Yes, Of course you
Must ride Tubulars!

Love,
Your_Friend!

shinomaster
08-09-2007, 02:04 AM
What is an FMB? Even Terry uses Tubulars? In that case I will use clichers.

shinomaster
08-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Chrisroph...we need to start training on our cross bikes...Forest park? I need to see you bust a move on that Sachs atmo.

zank
08-09-2007, 03:49 PM
What is an FMB? Even Terry uses Tubulars? In that case I will use clichers.

These are FMB (http://www.fm-boyaux.fr/)s. :banana: :beer:

Fixed
08-09-2007, 04:07 PM
If you Are Surfing in the Ocean!
And you are inside the wave
What Do You See?
It is Tubular!
This is Nature's Way!
Yes, Of course you
Must ride Tubulars!

Love,
Your_Friend!
bro i never heard it said so well touche`
cheers abby ale for me :beer:

shinomaster
08-09-2007, 04:16 PM
These are FMB (http://www.fm-boyaux.fr/)s. :banana: :beer:

Well, those will be good for Coylifut because he got upgraded to A's. Chris will be racing masters and chasing around some big dude who rides a mountain bike....He wins every race. I expect Chris to challenge his rein. :beer: :beer:

Too Tall
08-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmm, cross...mmmmm.

Nice stuff Zank.

zank
08-10-2007, 10:04 AM
I can't wait to get my hands on the road tubulars.

Too Tall
08-10-2007, 10:34 AM
(Hand shoots up) Ooo, ooo, Mistah Cahter...mememe. Remember your friends ok?

Your_Friend!
08-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Those tires!

Oh My they look Nice!

One wonders:

Where are They to be Found?

Love,

Your_Friend!

zank
08-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Those tires!

Oh My they look Nice!

One wonders:

Where are They to be Found?

Love,

Your_Friend!

They are born in France. I am trying to smuggle in small families of them and put them in good homes.

Your_Friend!
08-10-2007, 10:55 AM
They are born in France. I am trying to smuggle in small families of them and put them in good homes.

Zank!

Thank You For

Your Response!

I Have A Goodly Number

Of Tubular Rims!

And Much Glue!

Love,
Your_Friend!

sspielman
08-10-2007, 11:35 AM
I can't wait to get my hands on the road tubulars.
Me too. Do you have some coming to you? If so, please report....

zank
08-10-2007, 11:38 AM
PM me for details.

Too Tall
08-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Tubulars (drool). Sspielman you take good notes ok? I need to hold my water until the new bike is paid for :(

sspielman
08-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Tubulars (drool). Sspielman you take good notes ok? I need to hold my water until the new bike is paid for :(

Effin' MB road tubulars at last......How cool will that be? I think I need a Depend now....

shinomaster
08-10-2007, 04:30 PM
How does tubeless technology work? I stopped reading about mountain bike stuff back in 1993.

chrisroph
08-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Well, those will be good for Coylifut because he got upgraded to A's. Chris will be racing masters and chasing around some big dude who rides a mountain bike....He wins every race. I expect Chris to challenge his rein. :beer: :beer:

Terry and I start doing drills and barriers in a couple weeks at a local park. You should join us.

That big dude is dave zimbleman, former winner of the cascade classic in the pro cat and present master 50+ tt national champion, generally gets top 5 overall in any local time trial or hill climb. If I can give him a run I will be happy indeed but his motor is freaky big.

coylifut
08-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Terry and I start doing drills and barriers in a couple weeks at a local park. You should join us.

That big dude is dave zimbleman, former winner of the cascade classic in the pro cat and present master 50+ tt national champion, generally gets top 5 overall in any local time trial or hill climb. If I can give him a run I will be happy indeed but his motor is freaky big.

he's talking about Yene. He always rides a 29er and generally finishes in front of Zimbleman who raced the Red Zinger and Coors Classic bitd.

Too Tall
08-13-2007, 07:20 AM
Right on SSpielman, this looks like the old days...love it.

Hey you N.W. cross fiends...I'm envious...at least you gotts bikes and stuff :( I've got to practice cross on using my Serotta Legend Ti ;) hehe. BRING IT!!!

zank
08-13-2007, 09:57 AM
Right on SSpielman, this looks like the old days...love it.

Hey you N.W. cross fiends...I'm envious...at least you gotts bikes and stuff :( I've got to practice cross on using my Serotta Legend Ti ;) hehe. BRING IT!!!

I thought you have a Vanilla cross bike?

Too Tall
08-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Zankissimo - If you meant the Big Red bike yes however it's really not a cross rig...wires in the wrong place, pauls new ctr. pulls etc. and pretty darn close to my crit bike TT fit. That bike really is perfect for Deerfield going fast but not for hoppin over barriers and sloppy goo. However....sumthin is brewin' in Stumptown. Yep, if all goes well I'll be rockin' something new and very special real soon (fingers crossed...no pun intended). Is that what you ment?

shinomaster
08-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Chris which park? I just put Neutrons on my Fuji...

zank
08-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Zankissimo - If you meant the Big Red bike yes however it's really not a cross rig...wires in the wrong place, pauls new ctr. pulls etc. and pretty darn close to my crit bike TT fit. That bike really is perfect for Deerfield going fast but not for hoppin over barriers and sloppy goo. However....sumthin is brewin' in Stumptown. Yep, if all goes well I'll be rockin' something new and very special real soon (fingers crossed...no pun intended). Is that what you ment?

Hadn't heard about the new rig. I just thought the red Vanilla was a cross bike for some reason. Is the new bike another Vanilla or is that a surprise for the rest of us to wait and see?

stevep
08-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Hadn't heard about the new rig. I just thought the red Vanilla was a cross bike for some reason. Is the new bike another Vanilla or is that a surprise for the rest of us to wait and see?

i wish i had a new cross bike...
box of parts just sitting there... lonely and all.
getting dark early and everything...

Too Tall
08-13-2007, 04:49 PM
DerVagen bay bay ;)
I wasn't sure it was going to happen until last night about 2 in the morning I woke up a telegram from a very muscular dwarf. He had a note from Sasha saying I had to submit a video of me running down my street in a wrestling speedo covered in Nutella and sprikles (duh) screaming the lyrics to any Abba song.

I'm really beat this morning. Neighbors called the cops...fawk...doesn't anyone have a sense of humor anymore????

zank
08-13-2007, 04:52 PM
You will have something to hang those shiny new parts on in a couple of weeks. We're still good to go on the schedule I gave you a couple of weeks back. :beer:

zank
08-13-2007, 04:54 PM
He had a note from Sasha saying I had to submit a video of me running down my street in a wrestling speedo covered in Nutella and sprikles (duh) screaming the lyrics to any Abba song.

So that's how they go about sizing in PDX, eh?

Too Tall
08-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Oh cr@p. He said StevP designed the "system" cheese I've been duped...uh let me rephrase that. :rolleyes:

shinomaster
08-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Stevep. I have a pink pony you can borrow..

xxoo

Shino

chrisroph
08-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Josh--speedwagen? Almost got one myself, but couldn't quite convince myself that the sachs needed a dirty companion.

John, it kind of varies, one year we set up a course in West Linn, other times we set up a course at a school in SW. I'm thinking about building some barriers on the side of my house in the firs and making a course that goes through there, down my stone stairs, out the front yard, through the local grammar school, and maybe use the local entrance to Tryon Creek Park. It could make for a wicked course with all the required elements.

shinomaster
08-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Josh--speedwagen? Almost got one myself, but couldn't quite convince myself that the sachs needed a dirty companion.

John, it kind of varies, one year we set up a course in West Linn, other times we set up a course at a school in SW. I'm thinking about building some barriers on the side of my house in the firs and making a course that goes through there, down my stone stairs, out the front yard, through the local grammar school, and maybe use the local entrance to Tryon Creek Park. It could make for a wicked course with all the required elements.

Sounds great. I'll bring the recovery drinks. :banana:
http://www.duvelusa.com/

stevep
08-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Stevep. I have a pink pony you can borrow..

xxoo

Shino

shino,
where you been?
you been dieting?
i havent seen a picture of food from you in 6 months.
you must be down to race weight by now.
xxx

shinomaster
08-14-2007, 12:38 PM
I was making pottery...and getting skinny. I mean even skinnier.. Pix later this week.

xxoo
me