PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bike Kit SALE on DURA ACE

Pete Serotta
08-07-2007, 11:10 AM
I by mistake deleted the above thread. Please accept my apology and if someone can reenter, I promise not to erase. (Does not seem that I can unerase).

PETE

itsflantastic
08-07-2007, 11:14 AM
I believe my comment about this was something like:

Wow, ultegra is only 15 bucks more than 105 . . .

and then I said something about payday...

Anyone remember what the promo code was? TDFUSA?

Pete Serotta
08-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Shimano Dura Ace 7800 Double Groupset NEW LOWER PRICE
RRP $1658.45 You Save 48% Now Only $862.40!

Qty Stock Size/Colour/Option Buy
8 170mm 12-23 cassette
3 170mm 12-27 cassette
1 170mm 39-53t 12-25 cassette
10+ 172.5mm 12-23 cassette
10+ 172.5mm 12-25 cassette
10+ 175mm 12-25 cassette
10+ 175mm 12-23 cassette
Please note that due to the nature of this product, a postage surcharge of $50.75 will apply. This is in addition to any regular postage costs, and will be shown in your shopping cart.

93legendti
08-07-2007, 11:30 AM
http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=A8058

got it from my view history...

oldguy00
08-07-2007, 12:12 PM
remember to use the 5% coupon code they have scrolling across the intro screen of the website, "TDFUSD"! Pretty much takes care of the $50 shipping charge.

ericson
08-07-2007, 12:20 PM
"tdfcad" for us canucks.

William
08-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Shimano Dura Ace 7800 Double Groupset NEW LOWER PRICE
RRP $1658.45 You Save 48% Now Only $862.40!

Qty Stock Size/Colour/Option Buy
8 170mm 12-23 cassette
3 170mm 12-27 cassette
1 170mm 39-53t 12-25 cassette
10+ 172.5mm 12-23 cassette
10+ 172.5mm 12-25 cassette
10+ 175mm 12-25 cassette
10+ 175mm 12-23 cassette
Please note that due to the nature of this product, a postage surcharge of $50.75 will apply. This is in addition to any regular postage costs, and will be shown in your shopping cart.

No 180's. :crap:

William

Bill Bove
08-07-2007, 12:26 PM
O.K. I may be a little touchy about this but hey, that's just me.

Serotta allows us to meet and B.S. in this nice little forum at their expense.

Serotta sells their bikes through a network of independent dealers who put up no small amount of time and expense to do so.

Should we openly avoid doing business with Serotta's dealer network? Isn't that what we are doing by posting mail order prices here?

Secondly. On another thread there is a movement going to help pay for a fellow forum members new bike. This fellow is a genuinly nice guy and I have no problem helping out. BUT SHOULDN'T WE AT LEAST BE PAYING OFF A SEROTTA FOR HIM :confused:

I may be wrong here, I often am but am I the only one who see's this as being close to abusing Serotta's good will?

rwsaunders
08-07-2007, 12:37 PM
You raise some good points Bill.

Big Dan
08-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Why would Bill care is Shimano.....?

:cool:

Ahneida Ride
08-07-2007, 01:04 PM

Serotta sells their bikes through a network of independent dealers who put up no small amount of time and expense to do so.

Should we openly avoid doing business with Serotta's dealer network? Isn't that what we are doing by posting mail order prices here?

I may be wrong here, I often am but am I the only one who see's this as being close to abusing Serotta's good will?

Bill ....

I purchase about 90% of my equipment thru my LBS.
The other 10% are items my LBS just does not have access too.
I have a great LBS. Not all LBS's are created equal.

Chad Engle
08-07-2007, 01:07 PM
If I owned a bike shop I would agree with Bill on the parts add.

nicrump
08-07-2007, 01:17 PM
edit

oldguy00
08-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Secondly. On another thread there is a movement going to help pay for a fellow forum members new bike. This fellow is a genuinly nice guy and I have no problem helping out. BUT SHOULDN'T WE AT LEAST BE PAYING OFF A SEROTTA FOR HIM :confused:

Looks like those threads were deleted. I'm all for helping someone in need, but that whole thing seemed a bit strange...
A bike built to his specs, but he didn't know about it? The bro in question seems like a really nice guy but again, it just seemed kind of strange, and from someone with 4 posts total (2 now..). I hope he ends up with a decent ride one way or another..

Geoff
08-07-2007, 01:50 PM

I originally posted this add in the classified section, however if this is offlimits please let me know. I too try to buy as much as I can from the LBS, however some things are just too good of a deal.

All apologies,

Geoff

Bill Bove
08-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Don't worry Geoff.

Here's my take. I do own a bike shop, people do congregate in my shop and talk bikes, just like this forum. We talk about all kinds of bikes, some I sell, some I don't. It's all cool but don't stand in my shop and tell everyone that part A cheaper or bike B is better at the shop down the road. Sure, tell me privately but if you're using my A.C. (or Serotta's band width) be courteous of your host.

regularguy412
08-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Bill ....

I purchase about 90% of my equipment thru my LBS.
The other 10% are items my LBS just does not have access too.
I have a great LBS. Not all LBS's are created equal.

+1 on this post.

On more than one occasion my LBS has not been able to get the specific item(s) that I needed (lycra saddle covers being the latest casualty). The local's main supplier is QBP. If it's not in their catalog, the LBS usually can't get it.

I was in retail for over 22 yrs, so I understand the nature of 'sourcing'. Sometimes, ya just can't get what the customer demands. When this was the case at my store, I offered to get the customer in touch with the proper source. When customers see you are doing all you can to facilitate their purchase, they usually come back to you again. It's sort of like making an investment that you hope pays off down the road. Goodwill promotes good 'word-of-mouth'. Word-of-mouth is the best (or worst) advertising you can get -- and you don't buy it with advert dollars.

Mike in AR

Pete Serotta
08-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Geoff, it is not off limits and you did nothing wrong. Folks can decide where they spend their $$s. You let us know of a sale that had some good prices. Many of the folks have dealt with internet retailers in the past and will continue too.

Many folks post the PERFORMANCE coupon codes for sale item all the time.

The forum is an information exchange and the final choice on where folks buy is personal.

Folks know I am very biased on SEROTTA and a certain bicycle store in nothern New Jersey. I have know both for over 20 years and done business with them,

Ahneida Ride
08-07-2007, 03:46 PM
It just ain't fair to suck your LBS dry of information and purchase
items elsewhere.

There are some really good shops out there ( that is they are more interested in seeing one ride then making frn's) They should be supported
else they will go out of business.

And realistically, a LBS can't expect one to spend every last frn there also.

My LBS has no problem what so ever when I outsource a part he can't get.
He once came in from home at closing time to cheerfully install my TA crank that I purchased elsewhere from Peter White.

BumbleBeeDave
08-07-2007, 04:44 PM
. . . it was agreed upon several years ago that things like this would be posted in the "Classified" section. At that time, that agreement seemed to satisfy everyone.

BBD

Ginger
08-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Yeah...stuff like this for sale should be over in the classifieds. Whoever's selling it.

People do that with ebay bikes they notice too...which is cool 'cause that's what the classifieds are for. Stuff for sale.

oldguy00
08-07-2007, 05:02 PM
I believe the OP DID originally post it in classifieds. It was deleted and reposted here by a moderator, no?

Serotta PETE
08-07-2007, 05:05 PM
I am the guilty moderator party who got a finger check while deleting something else. Sorry.

......now I need another glass of wine.... :beer:

Please come join me

PETE

Ginger
08-07-2007, 06:06 PM
You've had a busy day Pete...enjoy your wine.

:)

Serotta PETE
08-07-2007, 06:10 PM
I liked that bottle you gave me at DBRK event last AUGUST>>>>

You've had a busy day Pete...enjoy your wine.

Ginger
08-07-2007, 06:38 PM
I liked that bottle you gave me at DBRK event last AUGUST>>>>
You know
Our cycling club just had their annual wine tasting fundraiser (where I picked up half a case of that wine...) and I didn't think that any of the bottles the distributers brought was half as good...of course...that *was* a nice wine. :)

TimD
08-07-2007, 08:13 PM

In case you hadn't figured it out yet, I'll take a 63x61, standard geometry. An 8.5 fork is probably OK.

Worry not, I promise to act surprised when UPS shows up!

TimD
08-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Does anyone think it a coincidence that:

. Shimano's current generation D-A and Ultegra parts were priced at introduction significantly higher than were their predecessors?

. At the time of said introduction, the prices of previous generation replacement parts (e.g., cassettes) increased significantly?

. Shimano's "Authorized Internet Retailer" logo could be found on the sites of web-based retailers having highly similar, or even identical, and not discounted pricing of Shimano parts?

. Former discounters of Shimano parts (for example, Branford Bike) stopped carrying Shimano altogether?

So, when someone asks, "By engaging in this practice are we being fair to our LBS?" I occasionally think "Is my LBS, or any other retailer for that matter, being fair to me?"